Search for content in message boards

Nathaniel Terry

Nathaniel Terry

maggie (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2000 7:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 May 2003 4:26PM GMT
Surnames: Terry, Brown
Hello. I am looking for information on the Nathaniel Terry (b.?d? )who married a martha Brown (b. abt 1760 in Paulings, Orange Co., NY and d. 5-27-1844 in New Milford, either CT or NY???) Nathaniel was a Rev. War soldier, and during the Bennington Battle, Martha and her neighbors had to flee for their lives from the White Creek NY home. The family later moved to the Unadilla River, and had two boys. One unnamed died age 14 and the other, Hiram, disappeared without a trace after 1806. If anyone can add to this information please contact me at musselman@i2k.com or reply to this message board. Thanks. Maggie

Re: Nathaniel Terry

Scott Jolley (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2003 12:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 May 2003 4:27PM GMT
Surnames: Terry, Goldsmith, Armstrong
I have one Nathaniel Terry in my database who was born in New Britten,Orange Co. NY at this time period. He was born in March of 1768. I have his spouses in my database and they were Bridget Goldsmith and Anna Armstrong. I do not know anything more about him. It would appear that this Nathaniel is not yours. My wife’s direct line ancestor was Parshall Terry, b. 1734. It appears that Parshall (and one or more brothers, one also named Nathanial) began the move by the Terry family away from the ancestral Terry home on Long Island, NY. First they spent a number of years in Orange Co. NY and then some, including my wife's ancestors moved on to the Wayne Co. NY area. It is interesting also to note that Parshall had a son, b. in 1760 who was named Nathan. I have his spouse listed as Eleanor Lewis. If you have further questions email me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic