GOFF, Ezekiel of Fabius 1841

Posted: 16 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 13 Aug 2002 7:24PM GMT
Surnames: Goff, Hills, Cobb
Onondaga Co NY Wills Vol. G page 258

Ezekiel Goff of Fabius
probated 9 July 1841

The petition of Stephen Hills of the town of Fabius in said county respectfully showeth, That Ezekiel Goff on the fifth day of October in the year 1834 was an inhabitant of and then died in said town a natural death leaving no widow or children or father, brothers or sisters heirs surviving unless Stephen Goff a son of the said Ezekiel should now be living, your petitioner has not heard of the said Stephen for more than eighteen years past, and believes him to be dead and if he has not departed this life his place of residence cannot be ascertained by your petitioner. That the said deceased had two brothers and one sister was near as your petitioner has been able to ascertain the same were John Goff and Elijah Goff of the town of Chatham in the county of Middletown and Ruth wife of ____ Cobb of New London in the state of Connecticut. That the said John, Elijah and Ruth are respectively deceased. That they each of them left their surviving children whose names, ages & places of residence respectively cannot be ascertained by your petitoner but your petitioner believes that they are each and all of them of full age and that the said Stephen in case he is living and the said children of the said John, Elijah and Ruth respectively deceased are the only heirs and next of kin of the said Ezekiel Goff deceased. That said Ezekiel Goff deceased left an instrument in writing bearing date the 30th day of April 1827 purporting to be his last will and testament in and by which your petitoner a named a devisee that both real and personal estate. Your petitioner is desirous of having said instrument in writing proved and recorded as a will of both real and personal estate and therefore prays that a citation may issue to the said heirs and next of kin according to the law to attend to the probate of said will.
Dated Syracuse, May 24th 1841.
Stephen Hills.

I, Ezekiel Goff of the town of Fabius, county of Onondaga and state of New York being in an advanst age of life and now ingoing the proper use of my reson felt it my duty to form my last will and testament as in manner and form following that is to say.

First. I give and bequeath unto Sinthy Hills all my real and personal estate after my decease to ockepy and improve for her support her life time and after her disceas I give and bequeath the said estate unto Stephen Hills to be his forever.

Ezekiel Goff (L.S.)

Witnesses:
Benjn. Stocking, L.S.
Dimmas, Stocking, L.S.
Alfred Stocking, L.S.

Posted by SAMPUBCO for Jodell Zahn McVey

Re: GOFF, Ezekiel of Fabius 1841

Posted: 6 Jun 2013 7:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Jun 2013 7:49PM GMT
I'm looking for the parents of Elijah Goff born abt 1765 in Connecticut and died in Malahide Ontario Canada about 1825. He arrived from NY around 1800. His children are named
Aaron Goff 1795 – 1860
Alexander Goff 1796 – 1880
Matilda Goff 1796 – 1873
Sarah Goff 1798 – 1875
Irena Ireney renney Goff 1808 – 1888
Abigail Goff 1812 – 1850
Moses Goff 1812 – 1890
Cemantha Samantha Goff 1813 – 1879
David Goff 1818 – 1908
william Goff 1820 –

The names make it clear he is a descendant of Phillip, but thru who?

I also note that a Solomon Goff moved to Fabius in 1800
then to Wells NY where Betheul Goff, son of Aaron lived, and note that others have Ezekiel Goff of Fabius of the son of Nathaniel who did have a John and Ruth, and hope this will help someone connect the dots. Martha

Re: GOFF, Ezekiel of Fabius 1841

Posted: 16 Aug 2013 9:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am currently working on the descendents of Alexander who was the son of Elijah. Do you happen to know who the mother of Alexander was and any other pertinent info-ie bmd?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic