Search for content in message boards

Griggs' of Lawrence Co.

Griggs' of Lawrence Co.

Posted: 18 Aug 2001 7:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Griggs
I'm looking for the decendants of John House Griggs. His 3 or fourth wife was my ggrandmother Mary Jane Cummings. John had at least 13 children, my grandfather Wm. Earl was one of his last two or three. He owned land north of B'port.
The names I have are Joe Davey, John, Louise, Alice, Lee, Jacob, Nellie, Martha, Nettie, Earl and Ira. I believe some were from St. Francisville and B'port. Would love to get more info as we no longer go back home(B'port). Jane

Re: Griggs' of Lawrence Co.

Posted: 7 Oct 2001 4:25AM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2005 5:11AM GMT
Surnames: Allison, Weger, Tedford
Hi, I have an 1875 atlas of Lawrence County which has an engraved wood cut, very large, picture of the John H. Griggs farm. It is on a CD that I have put together. The picture is about 3 meg in size.

I have been sending the 1875 CD to people who donate $15 to either the Lawrence or Crawford County Gen. Soc. If you are interested, let me know.

Jim Allison

Jane Canaday (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2001 2:55PM GMT
I would be very interested in your CD. Tell me what I need to do and where I need to send the money. E-mail me the info.
I knew where is farm was as I remember driving by the huge old house years ago. It sat back off the road north of Bridgeport, it of course is long gone. It had lots of oil on it and helped put Bridgeport on the map with its oil production.
Thanks, Jane

Posted: 11 Jan 2004 8:01AM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2004 1:59AM GMT
I am a direct descendant of John house griggs. My family were the owners of the Griggs home N of Bridgeport,Il. I have a few pictures of it,but would appreciate any imformation that anyone has on it or my family. Allso, doe you know anything about Jacob G. Griggs?

Jim Allison (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2004 2:04PM GMT
Surnames: Allison
Have you seen the Atlas of Lawrence County-1875. There is a wood cutting/print of the farm of John Griggs, who owned the farm located in Section 32-4N-12W.

Jim Allison
per page

Find a board about a specific topic