Search for content in message boards

Acme Cemetery (AKA Frazier Cemetery) Burials?

Acme Cemetery (AKA Frazier Cemetery) Burials?

Posted: 5 Jun 2012 10:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Seeking info on the burials of Will C. Rath, died 1922 and his wife Lorane(?),died 1935.Is there any information (obits,etc) available on these two individuals? I'm hoping he is a long lost relative whose trail I lost in 1891.

Re: Acme Cemetery (AKA Frazier Cemetery) Burials?

Posted: 10 Jun 2012 10:27PM GMT
Not finding any re3cord of their death on the New Mexico Death Index. Thre was one William Rath in 1920 in NM. He lived in Silver City, NM, age 47, born in New York. No wife though. He was a candymaker.

Where was he born; where did he live before; any ohter info?

Posted: 11 Jun 2012 4:47PM GMT
Mary: The William C. Rath I'm seeking was born in Pennsylvania, circa 1866, and my last record of him was in Jewell County, Kansas.

Posted: 11 Jun 2012 6:30PM GMT
I found a Willie Rath, age 14 yrs. on the 1880 census in Brown County, Kansas. Parents listed as Alexander and & Emma Rath. I could not find him in Jewel County, Kansas on any subsequent censuses. No Rath's in NM. Not sure how they came to be buried out at Acme because it is a "family" cemetery for the Bivens and their kin. I would suggest writing the person who posted the burial info to begin with and see where they came by it.

I will try and check the County Clerk's death records and see if I can find anything.

Posted: 11 Jun 2012 9:12PM GMT
I'm interested in the person you located in Brown County, KS. I found this Will C. Rath at the following grave site: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gsr&GScid=...
I'm hoping these are one and the same person. Again thanks, for you help.

Posted: 11 Jun 2012 9:40PM GMT
Just got in from the Chaves County Clerk's office. There are no death records for either Will C. Rath or Lorane Rath; no Rath's at all. 2 Roth's but they did not live at Acme and the age did not correspond with what you gave me.

1880 Cenus - Morrill, Brown County, Kansas

Rath, Alexander - 36 - farmer - born - Pennsylvania
Rath, Emma - 34 -- keeping house - born PA
Rath, Minie (Minnie) - 16 - daughter - born in PA
Rath, Willie - 14 - son - born in PA
Rath, Susan - 11 - daugher - born in Michigan
Rath, Irrie - 9 - son - born in Michigan
Rath, John - 7 - son - born in Michigan
Rath, Mary - 5 - daughter - born in Michigan
Rath, Albert - 2 - son - borin in Michigan

That's all I have for now

Posted: 12 Jun 2012 2:24AM GMT
I certainly appreciate your effort on my behalf. It appears these Rath's were living elsewhere and then buried in Acme. This raises the question of what were there ties to Acme. From what I was able to ascertain, an old plaster plant was the only business at this location.
Perhaps, Lorane had previous ties to the area.

Posted: 12 Jun 2012 3:10AM GMT
The Acme Brick plant.

Do you happen to know Lorane's maiden name? That might help so we would know if they had relatives in the area. They may have passed away in another county, ie., Roosevelt County and the relatives had them buried at Acme. Do you know what kind of work Mr. Rath did

Hopefully we will be able to figure out this mystery!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions