Search for content in message boards

Richmond City Cemetery for the Bair Family

Richmond City Cemetery for the Bair Family

Posted: 23 Feb 2008 9:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for any info on John Bair or any of his 6 wives. He, most of his wives and most of his children are buried in Richmond City Cemetery and I was hoping to find someone who is willing to go and take pics of the gravestones for me. Any help is appreciated. Jessie

Re: Richmond City Cemetery for the Bair Family

Posted: 23 Feb 2008 11:32PM GMT
In his forth wife's history (Jerusha Richardson Card Bair) states she was a pioneer in 1850 with John Bairs wagon train. She married him on Jan 27 1846 in Nauvoo she gave birth to twins Isaac and Rachel Aug 12 1846 in Garden Grove Iowa they both died soon after. her next child Joseph Oct 25 1848 before the crossed the plains, also died. She was expecting Hyrum during the trek to Utah, in 1850. Her husband John was the captain of the company of 50 . The family was called to settle in Cache Valley. They started the town of Richmond Utah with 12 other families. She died March 11, 1861, and was the first woman to be buried in the Richmond Cemetery.

Another wife was Lucinda Owens Tyler Bair,she married JOHN Oct 19 1843. John ask her to marry him in Polygamy. She remained in Garden Grove with John, who was a lawyer was needed to stay and direct the affairs of the saints land sales. Lucinda was a school teacher and taught many children to read and write while they crossed the plains using sand in place of paper. They were assigned to Kaysville by Brigham Young, to colonize the area. She also went with John and his other wives to Richmond in 1859. All of Johns families lived together in a a fort. after John died in 1884, she moved in to her own home. She was on a trip in Big Piney Wyoming, visiting family when she died July 4, 1893. There is a photo of her with the history.
Melba Riverside CA.

Posted: 3 Mar 2010 10:58AM GMT
Surnames: Bair
I have pictures of some of the headstones in Richmond, UT. I also have a picture of Lucinda Owens Bair's headstone, although it is no longer in Big Piney, Wyoming. She was originally buried on her daughter's ranch(Tarter), in the family plot. When the ranch was sold years later, she was moved to the Pinedale Cemetary.

Posted: 9 Mar 2010 7:51PM GMT
any way you can send it to me? My email address is jessiematt@cableone.net. cant wait to hear from you!

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 2:49AM GMT
Yes John married Lucinda "in polygamy" but he was in the process of divorce from his first wife. She was caught in an affair and would not answer the divorce papers. The divorce was finalized the day after he married Lucinda. Their first child was born 5 months later????? Lucinda was my ggggrandmother.

"In Carthage Court House Chancery File 144 in vault of Circuit Court are the papers of the divorce proceeds for John Bair vs. Lydia Bair. John married Lydia Register in Ohio in 1829. Witnesses called were E.D. Wooley, J.F. Lane and Mrs. Matilda Lane. Lydia was involved in adultery according to proceedings and divorce was granted to John Bair by default, as Lydia would not appear in court. Divorce was granted October 20, 1843. This divorce was apparently over the issue of plural marriage, because Hyrum Smith married John to Lucinda Owen in the Nauvoo Temple the day before the divorce was final. "
http://myweb.cableone.net/klt2000/JohnBair.html
I have seen this many times in the papers I have on John Bair.

Posted: 25 Oct 2013 2:28AM GMT
I have a book in my personal genealogy library:
"History of Richmond, Utah" Author, Amos W. Bair.

Can I look up something for you?

Posted: 25 Oct 2013 5:14AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Bair
Use the website findagrave.com for photos of the Bair families in Richmond. You can search for the Richmond Cemetery, enter the state of Utah and select Cache County. Search for surname Bair to get a list.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions