Search for content in message boards

Owen Anglesey

Owen Anglesey

Posted: 26 Jun 2012 7:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Goronwy Owen was born 1895. As we now have view of the 1911 cesus, I see that William and Elizabeth was not married at the time of having Goronwy as it states they were married for 11 years. Previously on the 1891 census,Elizabeth is living at Pen Prys Fawr, Anglesey with..Edward, who is her husband. Children are Eliza and Richard.Next door, Pen prys bach, is William married to Anne and they have one child called Annie.1901 census, Elizabeth is then married to William.They have living with them, Richard, Maggie, Goronwy & William. 1911 census, William and Elizabeth are still married, living at Penprp Marr Llanleywdd. Living with them at the time are Goronwy and William. Is this familiar with anyone at all. Thanks, Ann Marie.

Re: Owen Anglesey

Posted: 27 Jun 2012 11:15AM GMT
I'm afraid I cannot help with your query, but in my records I have the interesting entry - which tends to suggest that Goronwy could well have been named after Goronwy Owen of Anglesey, a famous poet living in the mid 1700's who was classed as an awkward genius but who brought Welsh poetry back to a strict meter system. Hope this is of interest.
derek.

Posted: 27 Jun 2012 11:26AM GMT
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I have heard of the famous poet Goronwy Owen. I have only got as far back as WIlliam Owen, Goronwy's father. So I don't know if there is any connection there. Funny thing is, my dad has been into his poetry for many years,he is now 65. (I am currently putting a small book together for my dad with some of his poems and other people's to raise money for charity as he has done this in the past) . Maybe there is a connection and it is in our blood...who knows. Hopefully I will find out one day if he an Ancestor of mine.
Thank you once again,
Ann Marie.

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 10:15PM GMT
I wonder if I can help you if you could give the proper name of where they are living on the census.
I cannot work out the name of the village either.
If it is in Anglesey maybe I can help if you can tell me exactly the name of the place. as I have grave books on many churches on Anglesey.
Hope I can help.

Posted: 13 Nov 2012 2:20PM GMT
Hi there, are you still continuing with your search as we would be interested to hear your findings. We are now living in Pen Prys Fawr, Carmel and would like to know some of the history of the property? Thanks, Janetta

Posted: 27 Jul 2013 10:09AM GMT
Hi,
Iam still trying to find out more details, but as for the property I do not know anything about it sorry. I would love to find out about it one day. Good luck,
Ann Marie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions