Search for content in message boards

Re: Pittens, Vesters, Gerrits

Posted: 6 Mar 2003 3:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gerrits, Vesters, Pittens
I am looking for anyone who may be able to help us find our families. Martin Gerrits emigrated to Canada sometime in the late 1940's to early 1950's. He had several children: William, Gerald, Geraldine, John, Anthony and possibly more. He was married, although his wifes name is unknown to us. This is the only information we have other than he settled in Ontario and stayed there until his death, possibly in the late 1950's.
I am also looking for information on Anthony Vesters who was born in Uden on May 2, 1914. He married Theodora Pittens and had 9 children before emigrating to Canada in the late 1940's or early 1950's. Some of the children were Rica, Marie, Wilhelmina, Theodore, Martin, Hank. They had 11 children total and settled in Ontario. Anthony died in December 1992.
Any information would be greatly appreciated. My daughter has a school project which has sparked a real interest in our family tree.
Thank you for your consideration.

Posted: 23 Mar 2003 3:45PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jun 2003 12:46PM GMT
Hello Martin

Maybe I can help you but I need the only names of the parents of Anthony Vesters and Theodora Pittens....

The Martin Gerrits request is difficult due to the lack of enough information : I need a bithdate, place and name of parents.... (to help from Holland overhere)....

Regards

Richard HUbert

Martin Gerrits (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2003 1:26AM GMT
Thank you for the offer of help. We did receive some help from another gentleman. We do not know the name of the parents of Theodora Pittens. We have not had much information given to us. Thank you for your kind offer.

Posted: 24 Mar 2003 6:39AM GMT
So you don't need anymore assistance ?

Martin Gerrits (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2003 9:41PM GMT
We have no information to help find any more of our ancestors. We only have the names of the children of Theodora and Anthony. 9 were born in Holland in Uden. Unfortunately, we really have nothing to go on.
Thank you. Martin

Posted: 25 Mar 2003 6:42AM GMT
Hello Martin

Please send me all known information such as birthdates etc etc to my emailaccount richardhubert@hotmail.com

It will take some time but I'm sure I must be able to find something....

Posted: 26 Mar 2004 3:54AM GMT
Surnames: Pittens Vesters VerHoeven Sanders VanDerHeijden Anderson
Theadora Pittens b: 5 apr 1914 married Anthonius Vesters b: 2 May 1914 d: 1 dec 1992 in whitby ON canada

Children of Theadora and Anthonius are.... Martin b: 25 apr 1935... Henrica b: 8 apr 1936... William b: 11 may 1938... Wilma b: 17 aug 1940... Marie b: 10 feb 1942... Ted b: 25 sep 1943... John b: 13 aug 1945... Tony b: 1 nov 1947... Hank b: 11 jan 1949... Netty b: 18 jul 1951... Mike b: 1 oct 1953

Parents of Theadora are... Wilhelmus Pittens b: 19 may 1880 and Henrica Verhoeven b: 26 jan 1882 both most likely of Uden and had 4 other children that we know of... Martin, Antonia b: 17 jan 1913, Maria b: 30 aug 1917 and Kee b: 26 june 1921

Parents of Anthonius are... Martinus Vesters b: 2 june 1870 in Erp d: 9 may 1954 in Odiliapeel and Wilhelmina Nooijen b: 8 dec 1887 in Volkel d: 4 dec 1954 in Odiliapeel and had 4 other children that we know of... Mevrouw, Marinus, Has and Jan

That is about as far back as we can go so far but would love to obtain information on any previous ancestors. To date we have built a fairly extensive file on all descendants of Theadora Pittens. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 28 Jan 2007 6:09AM GMT
Surnames: Pittens Vesters
Hi

I just thought I would let you know that Theadora passed away January 1st 2007. She was my Great Aunt. Her brother, Martin Pittens is my Grandpa. I am interested in the history of my grandparents families.

My grandmothers maiden name was Sanders. She has a brother still alive in ontario. Unfortunately she passed away 3 years ago.

If you would like any more info just let me know.

Posted: 21 Aug 2008 10:56PM GMT
Surnames: Pittens, Sanders, Vesters
Hi there,

I'd like to let you know that I am also searching the family-tree. Martin (Martien as we say in Holland) is a brother of my grandmother (Maria Pittens). As far as I know there were 6 children. (Martien, Kee & Anna (twins!), Antonia, Theodora, Maria)Two of them (Martien and Theodora) went to Canada. I'm trying to find more information about their trip (when? what boat?) and their lives (children, work)and so on...

Maybe somebody can help me??

Groeten Jolanda

Posted: 26 Aug 2008 10:47AM GMT
Surnames: Pittens
Hi

Martin Pittens is my grandfather. He passed away August 30th 2007. Theodora passed away a few months before him. Martin arrived in canada in July 1950 with his wife Johanna and there 3 children at the time. They ended up having 9 children total but 2 of them passed away shortly after birth. Please contact me if you want any other information.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions