Search for content in message boards

Descendants of Peter Schneider

Descendants of Peter Schneider

Posted: 2 Mar 2001 12:29PM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2006 1:18AM GMT
Seeking information about descendants of Peter Schneider and Magaretha Zimmerman. They had a son, Jacob Schneider, born Eimheim,Hessia Darmstadt, Germany. Jacob lived in milwaukee, Wisconsin, was a baker by trade, Married Anna Kern May 19, 1869, Milwaukee, Wis. Her parents are Andreas Kern & Eva Phillips. Anna was born October 29, 1851, Milwaukee, Wis. It is not known what happened to this marriage as Anna Kern Schneider remarried to John Albert Mehl, March 25, 1871, Milwaukee, Wis.

Re: Jacob & Anna Kern Schneider in Milwaukee...?

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 10:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jan 2013 10:38PM GMT
Surnames: Schneider Kern Mehl
"Jacob Schneider, born Eimheim, Hessia Darmstadt, Germany. Jacob lived in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, was a baker by trade, Married Anna Kern May 19, 1869, Milwaukee, Wis ... It is not known what happened to this marriage as Anna Kern Schneider remarried to John Albert Mehl, March 25, 1871, Milwaukee, Wis."

Have you found more information on your Jacob Schneider since this 2001 posting? A church burial register may be your only source for a Milwaukee death prior to 1872, and even much later. What was the family religion? There may be a probate record if property or minors were involved.

"Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
For more specific information contact:
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping to access our historic German-American culture.

Re: Jacob & Anna Kern Schneider in Milwaukee...?

Posted: 22 May 2013 4:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am a descendant of Peter and Margarita Zimmerman Schneider. My father put together some family trees before his passing in 2006 at age 91. He was Charles Hugh Snyder, son of Charles Henry Snyder, son of Andrew Snyder. That is as far back as I remember without looking. you may contact me at the above email, cfs348@gmail.com.
Sincerely,
Carolyn Faye Snyder
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions