Search for content in message boards

Hezekiah & Lydia McIntire - Norway

Hezekiah & Lydia McIntire - Norway

Posted: 19 Apr 2012 8:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McIntire
Hello:

We're just starting our search for information on Hezekiah McIntire and his family during their time in Norway,Me.

Hezekiah was born in North Reading,Ma. - @1774 and died in Norway Jan.26,1852 - buried Merrill Hill Cemetery.

I believe Hezekiah settled in the western part of Norway @1835.

I found him and his wife Lydia in the 1850 census living next to one of his son's - Richard G. & wife Ruth.

We know nothing of the families time in Norway. I believe some stayed in Maine while others returned to No.Reading,Ma.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Hezekiah & Lydia McIntire - Norway

Posted: 19 Apr 2012 9:28PM GMT
I'm descended from Hezekiah & Lydia. The best reference to start your search is Robert McIntire's book 'The Descendants of Philip McIntire,' especially the revised edition. You can download a PDF copy of that for free from the Family History Book section of the Family Search site.

Posted: 19 Apr 2012 9:40PM GMT
Surnames: McIntire
Hello:

Thanks so much for your reply.

How through the McIntire line are you connected?

Hezekiah is my husbands ggg grandfather.

I do have the two books - I found the first easier to read and the second for my husbands line didn't have any new info.

My hope was to maybe find something of the McIntires time in Norway.
I haven't had alot of time for searching - only found today that they were in that area.

Sandi

Posted: 19 Apr 2012 9:58PM GMT
They are my GGG Grandparents. I am descended from their son Hezekiah who married Mary Coffin. I have been searching all the sources I can on the internet for about 15 years and haven't found much more than what is in the book. A book on the history of Norway has a list of deaths during various years, and includes his with the note that he died of Dropsy. That is all I've come up with I'm afraid.

Posted: 19 Apr 2012 10:34PM GMT
O.K. - I see there is more info in the second book on Hezekiah & Mary.

My husbands line goes:

Hezekiah to Addison to Frederick to Charles Sumner McIntire.

What sort of additional info is it that your interested in?

Posted: 19 Apr 2012 10:39PM GMT
My line is Hezekiah to Hezekiah to Charles Henry to Maud, to my mother. I would like to find Lydia's parents, my other questions come further down the line

Posted: 19 Apr 2012 11:13PM GMT
I haven't worked on the McIntire line for quite sometime - I've been searching on my side of the family.

I'll do some looking around regarding Lydia also - so it's her parent's that you'd be interested in correct?

Maybe in the near future hubby and I will take a trip to North Reading - Historical Society and Library - maybe could get some leads there.

Posted: 19 Apr 2012 11:51PM GMT
I'am not sure if this is the info your looking for or you meant you were looking for Lydia's parents final resting place??

Quick look on Ancestry:

Richard Thomas b. @1756 - d. 12-20-1812 Middleton

Joanna Upton b. @1762 - didn't see a death date

Richard & Joanna were married May 3,1778 in Middleton.

Richard buried Oakdale Cemetery in Middleton.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions