Search for content in message boards

CLINTON CO. GEN. SOCIETY

CLINTON CO. GEN. SOCIETY

Posted: 17 Jan 2002 4:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Oct 2002 8:58PM GMT
Surnames: WHITED/WHITEHEAD
Can anyone please tell me if there is a genealogy society in Clinton CO., MO. where I can get information on PLATTSBURG?
I appreciate any response and thank you for your time. I am looking for Whited/Whitehead family lines.
Joan Keene

Re: CLINTON CO. GEN. SOCIETY

David Statler (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2002 4:37PM GMT
Surnames: HALES, WINANS, BOGART
Hi. There is a NorthWest Genealogical Society located at:
http://www.rootsweb.com/~monwmgs/index.htm

There used to be a Plattsburg homepage and a Clinton Co. Historial page, but they seem to be down or missing now.

Hope that helps!
David

David Statler (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2002 4:39PM GMT
There is also the Clinton Co. USGenWeb site located at:

http://www.rootsweb.com/~moclinto/

David

Joan Keene (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2002 10:59PM GMT
David; Thank you for the informatiion on the NorthWest Gen. Society, I do appreciate your response.
Joan

Posted: 26 Jan 2002 7:36AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jan 2002 8:12AM GMT
Yes, there is a Clinton County Genealogical Society, located in downtown Plattsburg. Plattsburg is the county seat and is a small town and the Genealogical Society is a very small office. In Aug. 2000, I traveled from my home in CA to research my Walker ancestors at the Clinton County Courthouse, Probate Office, and was able to obtain a lot of documents dating back 150 years there on my Walkers. You may want to write or telephone the secretary in the Probate Office for assistance in obtaining your ancestral info at the courthouse and she can also provide you with the address/phone # of the Genealogical Society. The secretary suggested I also visit the Genealogical Society there which I did. I'm sorry but I don't remember the street address. I'm sure, since the town, is so small that if you address your correspondence to the Clinton County Courthouse, Probate Office and the Clinton County Genealogical Society, Plattsburg, MO (sorry I don't know the zip code) they should get there. The genealogist working there was helpful in that she had info on my ancestors and gave me driving directions to old pioneer cemeteries in the area which I visited. Both the courthouse and the genealogical society will not give you original documents but do charge nominal fees for making copies.

I hope this helps.

Posted: 26 Jan 2002 2:49PM GMT
Edited: 8 Oct 2002 8:58PM GMT
Susan; Many thanks for your most welcome reply. The information is exactly what I needed. Possibly I may be as fortunate as you with my search. Again, THANK YOU.
Joan

Susan Hayden (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2002 6:57AM GMT
Hi, Joanne! Glad I could help! If you have any questions, please e-mail me. Who knows? Most likely our ancestors knew each other as the population was very small back then. Good luck with your research!

Susan Hayden
per page

Find a board about a specific topic