Search for content in message boards

Al Peters / Maude Baumann Diamond Fruit AGA etc

Al Peters / Maude Baumann Diamond Fruit AGA etc

Posted: 12 Mar 2011 4:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Jun 2011 2:59AM GMT
Surnames: Peters, Duckwall, Pooley, Baumann, Millikin, McCray
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for more info on my great grandfather Albert William Peters, also known as A.W., Al and Abby Peters. He was born in NY and died in Hood River in 1967 after living there more than 50 years. He was fairly well known in the area as I understand it, friends with the Duckwalls, Pooleys etc. He had 2 daughters Marguerite and Betty. He was very involved with the AGA, the Pacific Power and numerous clubs etc.

I do have quite a bit of information, as my mother and other family remember him and there are some records such as in the Hood River book. But what none of us have been able to figure out is where Al was buried.

His first wife Marguerite Millikin (1912-35) is at Idlewilde with her mother and daughters and other relatives. No cemetery record has him in Hood River. He is not at his parents and sister's tomb at the Portland mausoleum, though it is recorded that there was a space intended for him, and that he was received for cremation there and then released back to Hood River. The Hood River funeral home has no record of where he went. His service was at St Marks but I"m not sure if they would have any other record. I have his obit, but the last paragraph is cut off and ends with saying he is survived by his widow....maybe there is more I dont know.

He married Maude Baumann in the late 40s, who had previously been married to Rod McCray and had two sons. She died in 1980. They lived in a big house there in Hood River that still stands. I'm wondering if anyone may recall where she may have been interred?

My last thought was that maybe if I can find where Maude is buried maybe Al will be there? Of course, since he was cremated he could be anywhere - his orchard, Mt Hood. Who knows.

Hoping someone here may be able to assist with this mystery, and of course for any who remember him, or heard about him I'd of course be interested in the stories too. He was quite a character.

Many thanks in advance,

Elizabeth

Re: Al Peters / Maude Baumann Diamond Fruit AGA etc

Posted: 12 Mar 2011 4:28PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jun 2011 3:00AM GMT
Surnames: Peters, Baumann, Millikin, McCray

Sorry meant to do this in the other post:

Albert William Peters
Birth 10 April 1886 in New York, New York
Death 21 December 1967 in Hood River, Oregon
Married Marguerite Millikin 1912
Married Louise (surname unknown) 1939
Married Maude Baumann 1948

Maude Baumann
Birth 9 Feb 1897 or 22 Feb 1900 , Washington
(SS lists a diff date than other docs)
Death: 18 Jan 1980 - Hood River, Oregon
Married Rod McCray 1925

Posted: 12 Jun 2011 3:46PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jun 2011 3:00AM GMT
Surnames: Peters, Baumann
Fully aware of Al Peters, but find a conflicting birth date a location. Have he was borbn in 1888 in Cincinnati, Ohio. I think this is him, but did he maybe have a son named Philip? Only know of one Albert W. Peters in Hood River. Can't tell you where he is buried.

Posted: 23 Apr 2012 12:48PM GMT
Edited: 24 Apr 2012 3:05AM GMT
Surnames: Peters, Baumann
HI, I just came across your inquiry. I lived in Hood river many years. Sorry I have no information on your grandfather, but I remember Maude Peters very well. My husband did some handy man things for her around the yard.
While he was busy Maude would entertain me with tea, and stories. She told us how her husband, (your grandfather?) built the settee not sure what it was called to match other items it had the same old rose covering as the huge drapes in her bedroom. She showed us the whole house. THe one with the big white columns. However there was one room up stairs, she mysteriously would never show us she said it was private, and someone was in there. (My could it have been a memorial room?) Of course she did seem a little eccentric at times. Like asking me to drive her to the store, but she wore her robe and not street clothes. My daughter still remembers her too. Gloria
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions