Search for content in message boards

higgins marriage records

higgins marriage records

Posted: 11 Oct 2007 9:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: higgins travers travis
I was wondering if there is any who can help me.

I am after the marriage of my great grandparents robert higgins and mary travers or travis somewhere around 1920 to 1930.

I had been told that they were married in victoria but no one has been able to locate their marriage certificate.

If anyone has access to the victoria bdm and can give me any information eg date, area they were married. anything. It would be of great help.

Please help
Leisa

Re: higgins marriage records

Posted: 12 Oct 2007 2:40AM GMT
Leisa,

Have just searched Vic Marriages 1921-1942 and marriage does not appear to be there.

Also searched Great War Index 1914-1920 and marriage does not appear to be there either.

Cheers

Anne

Posted: 12 Oct 2007 3:49AM GMT
ok thank you so much anne. these two must be the biggest mystery i have in my tree. thanku so much for yor time

leisa

Posted: 12 Oct 2007 9:49AM GMT
Surnames: Higgins/Travers
Can you be a bit more precise please. Robert..?.Higgins and Mary..?...Travers, DOB's and where born.

I did find a Mary Travers and a John Higgins married in 1919, but it was in Lancashire?

Maggie

Posted: 12 Oct 2007 10:00AM GMT
Surnames: higgins,travers
Hi Mary,

Robert Higgins was born June 1889 we think somewhere in England. died January 1964 brisbane, qld, australia.

Mary Ellen Travers dob 27 August 1899 Oatlands, Tasmania died 13 august 1940 brisbane, qld, australia.

I have mary's death certificate saying they were married in melbourne, victoria. saying she was 21 years old.

There are alot of discrepancies with these two. We know nothing of Robert Higgins who is my mother's grandfather.

On Mary's death certificate it has her being 39 years old so her year of birth would be 1901 but she was born 1899.

So I am guessing they married somewhere around 1919 maybe give or take a few years.

Thankyou so much for your help

Leisa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic