Search for content in message boards

Need Help Please! Robert Jones, Wales UK

Need Help Please! Robert Jones, Wales UK

Posted: 13 Oct 2012 2:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jones. Thomas
Im trying to find information on Robert Jones. I know his wife was Mary Elizabeth ________?

They had a daughter named Florence Elizabeth Jones b: Feb 1 1917 in Conwy, Wales, UK and d: 2009 in Luton, Bedforshire,England. She married surname Thomas

And they ( Robert and Mary) also had a son named Charlie ( Charles)

I believe they had a large family but those are the only two children's names I know of. I think Robert would of been born in Wales.

If anyone can find anything on this family it would be helpful. I would love to know when and where Robert and Mary Elizabeth were born and who their parents were.

Thank you,

Casey Stout

Re: Need Help Please! Robert Jones, Wales UK

Posted: 13 Oct 2012 3:34PM GMT
Because Florence was born after 1911, if you look at the England & Wales birth index you can find her mother's maiden name.

So Florence E Jones's birth was registered in the January quarter of 1917 (Vol 11B Page 688) and her mother's maiden name was TYLER.

I then looked for their marriage in the marriage index: Robert G Jones married Elizabeth E Tyler in Conway in 1914 Qtr January (Vol 11B Page 583). I know her first name is different from your post, but it may be a case of she was always known as Mary. If you were to get Florence's birth certificate this would show her mother's forenames.

I had a look to see what other Jones births there were with a mother named Tyler, and there is one that I think would be a sister to Florence: Phyliss M Conway 1920. Charles V Jones was born in Conway 1915.

The last census published in the UK is the 1911 census. I did do a search for Robert G Jones living in Conway and there are 3 hits.

To take this further, you really ought to purchase their marriage certificate as that will their ages, occupations, where they were living, their father's names and occupations.

I don't know where you live but even if you are overseas you can purchase a certificate direct from the General Registrars Office at a cost of £9.50. The link that you need is:
https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/Login.asp

Hope this helps you

Megan

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 2:25PM GMT
In the 1911 Census there is an Elizabeth Mary Tyler given as a Servant living in Llandudno.She is given as born in Acton Hertfordshire in c 1888.

Regards
William Russell Jones.

Posted: 25 Jun 2013 8:17AM GMT
Thank you for your help :)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions