Search for content in message boards

John/James BUTLER -- b. 1738

John/James BUTLER -- b. 1738

Posted: 31 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Feb 2010 7:22PM GMT
I am looking for the family of John(James) Butler[b/1738] who was the nephew of the Earl of Ossary. They had an arguement and John came to America to land given him by his Uncle, the Earl, which was White Sulpher Springs, West Virginia in about 1765...They came from the Kilkenny Castle Butlers. John's wife was Mary. Looking for John's parents,his birth place and the ship that they arrived in America on and when...any clues contact: Jac McMahon jacnmac@netdex.com

Re: John/James BUTLER

ROY C. BUTLER (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2002 7:53PM GMT
Edited: 10 Feb 2010 7:23PM GMT
I WOULD LIKE TO LOOK OVER YOUR FAMILY TREE.
I ALSO AND LOOKING FOR MY G.G.G. GRANDFATHER.

JAMES BUTLER OR JOHN BUTLER. HE SON IS JAMES C. BUTLER THEN THOMAS JEFFERSON BUTLER, THEN ALBERT BUTLER, THEN MELVIN BUTLER THEN ME (ROY C. BUTLER SR.)

SO IF I COULD LOOK OVER YOUR FAMILY TREE I MAY FIND THAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE SAME THING.

THANK YOU
ROY C. BUTLER SR.

Johnny Haney (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2005 2:55PM GMT
Edited: 10 Feb 2010 7:27PM GMT
I believe he is my great great great great grandfather. The little info I have is that He may have been born around 1753-1784. In the info I have he's last name was haynes and he changed it to butler when he came to america. I do not know if this is true. He one son I know about and his name was also John. He married Elizabeth Green/ Greene. They had a doughter named Elizabeth Ann Butler/Haynes around 1809. She married my great great Grandpa James William Aaron 2nd they had 14 kids together. I dont know much but I would love to find everysingle grain of truth I can. I hope we can help each other out. I will e-mail you soon.

Posted: 9 Apr 2005 7:07PM GMT
Edited: 10 Feb 2010 7:27PM GMT
I do not think that we are connected. For sure our Butlers were BUTLER when they came here first in the 1700's. The Paynes name came into the Butler line when Jones W. Payne's daughter Mellissa married James Berry Butler in Texas in 1883.

Re: James BUTLER - (1738-1811) --- connected to Wm BUTLER ?

Posted: 2 May 2009 5:48PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 29 May 2010 7:15PM GMT
Surnames: Butler, Sims
I realize your post is quite dated but I am looking for this same person to see if he connects to my William Butler (Texas)grandfathers'. The information I have is James Butler 1738-1811. Could have been born in Egland or Greenbriar W.V. (It was Virginia at that time) He may have died in Huntington, Gallia,. Ohio. He was married to Mary Anne Sims and had children: William 1775 or 1772, Eleanor, Anne,and Thomas. I gleaned this info from other sites and I have a copy of this person's will from Ohio. I have been searching for Wm. James or James not John. There is info for Thomas 1720-1764 Kilkenny with spouse of Eleanor who had a son James. I have not connected these people because I can't source enough information. I hope this helps you or that you might be able to help me. I am sincerely, Sheila Butler Ely in San Antonio, Texas.

Re: James Butler - Mary Simms

Posted: 22 Mar 2010 8:50PM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2010 7:14PM GMT
Surnames: Butler
who is you Texas GF related to? We have confermation DNA of our connection to William so of James Butler & Mary Simms.

Re: Wm BUTLER - b. 1775

Posted: 22 Mar 2010 11:27PM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2010 7:16PM GMT
My ggg grandfather was William Butler b. abt 1775 in NC or Georgia. I do not know who his father was except that it was not James William
Butler and Mary Simms. Their William was married to a Tacy Gray (I think) and was younger. Many people connect my ggg grandfather to them I have noticed. I have hit a brick wall and am considering the DNA test.

Re: BUTLER DNA Study

Posted: 23 Mar 2010 3:52PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2010 1:36PM GMT
Surnames: Butler
Are you in the Butler DNA study? (www.butlerdna.org) I would be very interested in what "family group" you are in. In the study, my Butler cousin is earliest ancestor Daniel Mangrum Butler, DNA H. Daniel did go to Texas by the way as did some of his relatives in my family.

When it comes to Butlers the only sure way to find the right ones is to be able to rule out the wrong ones with DNA.

Posted: 23 Mar 2010 6:35PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2010 1:37PM GMT
check out # MOO52

Posted: 23 Mar 2010 6:35PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2010 1:41PM GMT
#MOO52
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions