Search for content in message boards

GEORGE CRAIN AND SUSANNAH HEARD DARDEN-CRAIN

GEORGE CRAIN AND SUSANNAH HEARD DARDEN-CRAIN

Posted: 21 Mar 2006 5:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Aug 2006 7:00PM GMT
Surnames: Crain, Heard Darden
George Crain B: July, 20 1775 D: March 24, 1837, Susannah Crain B: Nov 8, 1778 D: June 28, 1862. These people are my gggg/grandparents. Located their graves, dates are still legible.
The cemetery itself is in bad shape and needs to be re-vitalized before it vanishes. Looking for ancestors to solicit their help to rebuild this cemetery.
George W. Darden B: Dec 21, 1796 D: Dec 17, 1883, his wife Elizabeth B: Feb 16, 1798 D: jan 26 1854- George was the son of my gggg/grandmother from prev marriage James Darden.
If related to these folks, please let me if interested in this piece of history from Heard county, Ga.

Regards,

Jerry L Griffin

Re: GEORGE CRAIN AND SUSANNAH HEARD DARDEN-CRAIN

Rhonda (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2006 6:32PM GMT
I am not related, that I know of yet, but I wondered if perhaps you could tell me the name of the cemetery and approximate location? Also, are there other graves there? Thanks.

Peggy (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 2006 6:28PM GMT
I know of the cemetary that I am sure you are looking for. It has several gravesites, including george crain and elizabeth darden. There is a man that contacted me, it is his great, great, great, great grandparents. He was in tears when he seen it. He has refurbished the cemetary, (my husband leases this land for hunting.) The graves are extemely old, I have pictures, but unfortunately my scanner and printer are down, please email me for further details. I am sure this is what you are looking for.

Peggy (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 2006 6:38PM GMT
I was going to thank you for the fine job you done on the cemetary. I was writing to let you know that we found another gravesite that the marker was buried under about 4 inches of soil. Please email me and I will tell you about it. Peggy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic