Search for content in message boards

Frederick Wiggins late 1700's Ga.

Frederick Wiggins late 1700's Ga.

Posted: 11 Jun 2001 9:47AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2003 6:17PM GMT
Looking for any information on Frederick Wiggins of Effingham Co. Ga. He is the father of John Wiggins and Grandfather of Early Wiggins. I believe he had at least one brother ,Joseph Wiggins born abt. 1780 .Any information on Frederick or any of his decendants will be greatly appreciated. I don't have much on Frederick and his son John but have a small amount on Johns sons Early and William. I am willing to share what I have, Am also interested in comparing what I have with other researching this Wiggins line. Thanks .I can be emailed @ sugar_32087@yahoo.com

Re: Frederick Wiggins late 1700's Ga.

Posted: 10 Jul 2001 2:32PM GMT
Surnames: WIGGINS
Shirley, I am researching the Joseph Wiggins line from Effingham and Wayne Counties in Georgia. Forgive me if I have contacted you before but I do want to stay in touch. My gggrandmother was a niece and was raised by Joseph Wiggins. I am trying to find out who her parents were, probably a brother of Joseph's who died young. I understand that Joseph's father was also Frederick and Joseph was born in Effingham county around 1789. I will contact you if I get past my brick wall and hope you will do likewise.
Jo Geisler, jimco1@ala.net

Posted: 14 Jan 2002 5:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have information on a John C. WIGGINS who was born in GA but in the 1880 Census was in Brazos County, TX.

Posted: 14 Jan 2002 10:51PM GMT
Surnames: Wiggins/Whittemore/Clemons
Hi, thanks for the reply . This John could be related to my Family line . I do know my gggrandfather Earlys brother Andrew moved to Texas, so any info you would share would be greatly appreciated as I am having a hard time on this line .

Sandra Mitchell (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2002 3:29AM GMT
Hey, Shirley found your Wiggins's information on the Rootsweb tonight. We connect but I was under the impression Joseph Wiggins's father was Henry Frederick Wiggins from Effingham Co. He had 200 acres on the Ogeechee River in Effingham and Bryan County. He received grants in S. C. in the 1700's. I was told that Joseph did not connect to the Frederick Wiggins which I have always believed was correct. Joseph had a sister Mary who married a Partin who got the home place according to information that I have found.

If you can help me I sure would appreciate it. I would love to go to the area and look for his grave which should be in Bryan or Effingham County.

Sandra

Posted: 22 Mar 2002 4:36PM GMT
Sandra,
I took my information from Deed book pages E-f # 305-307. for Effingham Co. Ga. It list the same people basically that you have . Please contact me at sugar_32087@yahoo.com , and lets compare our information in more detail.

Posted: 18 Jun 2004 3:39AM GMT
Sandra,
Could your Joseph Wiggins be my Joseph I have been looking for? I have a Joseph Sinclair Wiggins born in GA and died 2 Apr 1874. Married a Lousia Morton who was fifteen at the time in Athens, Ga in 1851. Same line? He would be my great grandfather as his son Joseph Sinclair Wiggins married my grandmother Mary Claudia Fletcher Sayer.

Posted: 7 Aug 2004 5:43PM GMT
Surnames: Wiggins
Who was John Wiggins' mother and grandmother? Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic