Search for content in message boards

Nehemiah John Coyle Manchester Regiment-regiment number known

Nehemiah John Coyle Manchester Regiment-regiment number known

Posted: 31 Oct 2012 5:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Coyle
I'm trying to find some information about Nehemiah John Coyle born in November 1911 in Pontypridd Wales.
He was in the 2nd Light Manchester regiment and he was a Private. His number was 3522986.
His parents were James Coyle and Jane Ann Gould.
I believe he may have been living in Middlesex in 1941.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Nehemiah John Coyle Manchester Regiment-regiment number known

Posted: 1 Nov 2012 12:25PM GMT
Edited: 1 Nov 2012 12:37PM GMT
If you do a search for Nehemiah John Coyle on Ancestry you will see that a user, pcoyle22, has him on their 'Coyle Family Tree'. It's a Private tree so you would have to send a contact message to them.

They have him born in 1911 in Tonypandy, Glamorgan, which at that time was part of the Pontypridd Registration District.

GRO records show that he married:
Elizabeth M Thomas in 1936 Qtr 1, in the Pontypridd area
Ann B Cleland/Fee in 1964 Qtr 3, in the Coventry area

He died in Feb 1988 in Coventry, Warwickshire, England and his date of birth was given as 21 Nov 1911. However, the GRO index suggests that the birth was not registered until 1912 Qtr 1.

As he was born after the 1911 census you will not find him on any census records.

Was he a full-time soldier or a WW2 conscript? I think you need to try to get hold of his army service record? The military records on-line tend to be only for those who died during the war. So you would probably have to go for the original records.
You might also be able to find him in Electoral Rolls? I can't see a Nehemiah, but there are lots of John Coyles in Middlesex at that time!

Posted: 1 Nov 2012 12:38PM GMT
Thank you. I had seen mention of the user you've mentioned when I've been searching but everytime I click on the contact button it leads me to a page where it asks me to register as a full member.

I unfortunetly don't know if he was a full time soldier. All I know is the 2nd Light Manchester regiment and that he was a Private.
Do you know of anywhere I can search online for his service record, not the actually record of course but evidence that there is a record that I could send for?

Thank you.

Posted: 1 Nov 2012 12:46PM GMT
I don't know any site which on-line WW2 records.

I've just sent a message to pcoyle22 referring him/her to this thread.

Posted: 1 Nov 2012 1:15PM GMT
Oh really? Thank you very much. I don't know why the site won't let me do it.

Thank you.

Posted: 2 Nov 2012 9:51AM GMT
You need to be a full member of Ancestry to send contact messages.

Posted: 23 Dec 2013 12:12AM GMT
I believe the Nehemiah John Coyle you are looking for was my father in law who passed away in Coventry in 1988
I would be happy to swap information with you as I have been trying to find his army record.
Let me know what connection and type of information you need

Posted: 23 Dec 2013 11:10PM GMT
Hello thank you for replying to my message. When I first made this post I thought he might still be alive but a while later I did find out that he had sadly passed away. I saw your account in the search results when I searched for him but was unable to view your tree as I'm not a full member. I didn't realise you would be such a close family member.
I don't know whether you've viewed where Nehemiah John Coyle is in my tree but I was trying to find him for my auntie. As it seems we are talking about the same man then he was actually my auntie's father and his name, regiment and regiment number are listed on her birth certificate from 1941 Buckinghamshire, Hendon. I've been trying to find out some information about him for my auntie and mother. My auntie was told that he died in the war. It was for this reason that I was trying to find his military record so that we could find out for sure. As I said though we found out afterwards that he'd passed away much later than that.

I've managed to find out information about his parents and their families and that he possibly had two children with his first wife Elizabeth Thomas who he married in Pontypridd Wales, though I don't know if he had any children with his second wife Ann Cleland/Fee. I've found records (not certificates) with names and dates listed of births and marriages of his family that I'd be happy to send to you if you'd like them. I'd love to swap information with you.

I've found out that although you can find military records from WWI online although many were destroyed, if you want WW2 records you have to apply for them from the ministry of defence. Hope this link helps you https://www.gov.uk/requests-for-personal-data-and-service-re...

I hope to here from you soon. Thank you.

Posted: 27 Dec 2013 11:09PM GMT
Surnames: Nehemiah Coyle
Hi
Hope you had a good Christmas.
My husband John and I will send for Army records after Christmas. When we applied last year, sending birth certificate they could not help us.
Nehemiah did marry twice.
He had Brian and Elizabeth (Betty).with his first wife Elizabeth. They still live in the Rhondda.
My husband John was his only child with Annie (born in Castleford in1947,They moved back to Wales when he was small and then to Coventry when he was about seven) He married Annie much later when her divorce came through.
Miah was a Coalminer.
I see from your other Message your relatives were living here too in the 50's The area you are looking for could be Chapple End, a district in Nuneaton which you can find on google earth.
There also used to be a Courtauld's factory in Nuneaton.
I hope this has been useful
Regards Pat Coyle ( p.coyle@hotmail.co.uk )

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 10:52PM GMT
Hi thank you I had a lovely Christmas, I hope you did too.
From what I read about the Army records they ask for proof of death but I'm not sure. The link I sent does say that even if you're not next of kin you can still receive a great deal of information. So it says anyway. Good Luck.

Thank you for your information. I never found a record of his having a daughter so that's really helpful. I did find mention of a Richard Coyle born in 1938 but I wasn't sure if he was linked to Nehemiah and Elizabeth or if it was just a coincidence.

Yes my grandmother Lillian Hough nee Roberts worked in Courtauld's factory around 1950-1956 and was living around there with family. I believe she was living at Stag Lane Middlesex when my Auntie Lilian Coyle was born in 1941.

All the information you've mentioned except for that of your husband are the records that I mentioned that I have. I also have record lists not certificates of Nehemiah's parents and grandparents, birth, marriage and death which I could send to you if they would be of any use to you.

If you don't mind I'll contact my Auntie in the new year and see if there are any questions she'd like to ask, if that's alright with you. I'm not able to view your tree or anything linked to it as I'm not a full member but mention of photos do come up in the search engine. I would like to ask if you'd be willing to send me a photograph of Nehemiah Coyle. I would keep it private and I and my auntie would very much appreciate it but if you'd rather not I completely understand.

Please feel free to contact me.
Thank you. Claire. ( fryj724@aol.com )
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions