Search for content in message boards

SALMON families in Co. Clare

SALMON families in Co. Clare

Mary Hansen (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Nov 2006 12:43PM GMT
Surnames: SALMON, SAMMON, SALMOND, QUINN, LONERGAN
I am researching SALMON families who emigrated to Australia, particularly Queensland. The surname spelling was changed several times here.

Daniel SALMON born about 1828 married Honora QUINN, the daughter of Patrick and Mary QUINN from Tuath Glae, Co. Clare.

My SALMON/SAMMON rellies are believed to come from around Ennistymon/Doolin/Lisdoonvarna area. Any other researchers looking for SALMON?

Salmon

Diane Will (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Salmon, Wrightson
Salmon from Lisdoonvarna

Nora Salmon, born 1867. emigrated to the US with Patrick Wrightson, born 1863. Patricks family included brother James and his daughter Delia who stayed in Lisdoonvarna. Nora had a brother who emigrated to Australia and one brother who stayed in Lisdoonvarna. Family names include Moore and Glenn. I am searching for relatives.

Wrightson

Posted: 20 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2002 12:41AM GMT
Surnames: Salmon, Wrightson
My mother's maiden name was Dorothy Elizabeth Wrightson. She was born in Worcester, Massachusetts, United States. Her father was William Wrightson. William's parents were Nora Salmon and Patrick Wrightson. There is no doubt we are related. I have a fair amount of information on the Wrightsons, but very little on Nora Salmon. I would definitely be interested in any information that you are willing to share. Thanks.

Rick McGrath

Wrightsons in Elmira, NY

Posted: 23 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2002 8:31PM GMT
Surnames: Wrightson, Lillis, Connelly, Woodward, Cahill, Macheau, Ganann
Your posting rang a bell. This is from burial data of SS Peter & Paul's Cemetery in Elmira.
LILLIS, Mary WRIGHTSON Apr. 11, 1848 Feb. 5, 1908 Wife of John Lillis [803 Magee (Elmira. Dau: Mrs. Wm Connelly of Buffalo, Mrs. D. M. Woodward of Utica, Mrs. T. A. Mahoney, Elizabeth, Josephine, Harriet of Elmira. Sisters: Mrs. James Cahill of Elmira, Mrs. Julia Macheau, Mrs. M. A. Connelly of Buffalo and Mrs. John Ganann of Ireland. Bros: Patrick Wrightson of Worcester, MA, James Wrightson of Ireland. Son: Stephen b. Dec. 1884.]
Does this appear to be the same Patrick Wrightson?

Wrightson, Patrick

Posted: 24 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2002 12:41AM GMT
Surnames: Wrightson
Sharrron:

Thanks for the information! Patrick Wrightson was almost certainly my great grandfather, and Mary Lillis was almost certainly my great great aunt.

Rick

Salmon, County Clare

Diane Will (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Salmon
Further research on Nora Salmon, Born 1867, Lisdoonvarna, County Clare, married to Patrick Wrightson (born in 1863) in 1888 in Worchester, Mass. Her parents were Micheal Salmon and Bridget Glynn (or Glinn). I have nothing else on Nora except that one brother stayed in Ireland and had one daughter and that the rest of her family went to Australia, whoever they were.

Diane Will
skygoddess75@hotmail.com

Wrightson, Patrick

Diane Will (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wrightson
Sharron,

This is definity a capture. I am sending you an email with some of the information as well as to Rich McGrath. I will soon have Patrick and Nora Salmon Wrightsons death certificates listing thier parents as Hugh Wrightson and Margaret Moore (Patrick's) and Michael Salmon and Briget Glinn (Nora's). I am not sure of the Glinn spelling until i see the certificate. They are both listed listed with Ireland as their place of birth, but my great aunt told me it was Lisdoonvarna, County Clare. I can't find anything further on Salmons in Ireland although two other women are in contact with me from Australia and California about this link. We need to find out if there are other Salmons or Wrightson relative in Mass or NY. Phillip told me a cemetary plot in Worchester contains a Margaret Wrightson, died March 9, 1898, a Michael Wrightson, died 1899 and a Nora Wrightson, died 1906. (That Nora must be Nora Salmon -Patrick's wife because she died in 1906). I wonder if Micheal and Margaret might be the two babies who died between 1895 and 1900 (when my grandmother was born). We need to start a Wrightson family page. Anyone know how??

Diane Will
skygoddess75@hotmail.com
Tucson, Arizona
Posted: 11 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2006 3:46AM GMT

Lonergan

Stacy Lonergan (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lonergan, Burke, Giguere
I just started researching my roots and I'm wondering if we have a connection with the surname Lonergan.

My great grandfather was Peter Parent from Maine.

Stacy

Quinn County Clare

Kathleen (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2006 12:44AM GMT
Surnames: Quinn

Did your Nora have a sister (Bridget)Mary bridget Quinn.
Who married James Grace of county claire.
born in the early 1800 hundreds. namy thanks

canadian45@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions