Search for content in message boards

Possible connections

Possible connections

Posted: 23 Jul 2003 9:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kniple, Knipple, Knaple, Kneple
There are two possible relative listed in the Wis. 1855 State Census Index that I am thinking could be my great great grandparent. One is Frederick Knaple in Granville, Milwaukee County pg. 10 and Frederick Kniple Port Washington Village, Ozaukee County pg.. 6.

My great grandmother whose name was Fredericka Dorotea Knipple or Kneple (not sure of spelling) but it was pronounced Knep - lee with a possible Von prefix was born May 15 1835 in Furthstadt, Sachsen, Germany. She came to this country with her parents at ten years of age. They came in a sailing ship that took thirteen weeks to arrive in Canada. They did not stay there but came directly to Mequon, Wis. possibly late in 1845 or early in 1846. We know that she had at least two sisters with names Wilhelmina and possibly Lena. We do not know the full names of her parents. .There is also some connection to the Erdman family (cousins). Any info out there?

Re: Possible connections

Posted: 24 Jul 2003 2:12PM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2003 1:34AM GMT
Surnames: Knepel, Brazelton
Greetings, We recently moved to Madison, WI...for the previous 30 years, we lived in Brown Deer, WI...The house we had there was built by Jacob Brazelton who settled the land in 1836 when the area was known as Granville, WI...We belonged to the Brown Deer Historical Society and were active in the "old house tour" program...since our home was built in the 1857 period, it was on the list of 10 oldest homes in Brown Deer...as a result of doing research into other old homes, I looked into the old plat maps that were available, and found maps for 1858,1869,1876...I see Frederick Knepel with 98 acres in 1858, he divided by 1869 with Fred having 58 acres, Frank Knepel with 40, and an additional 40 plus 27...by 1876 there is a Ferdinand Knepel with 56 of the 58 acres, and a F. Knepel with the same 40 acres as in 1869...The Knepel farm was adjacent to the Leonard Herbst farm at 9314 N. 60th St.[still there] I have a picture of the Herbst farm as it looked in 1876...TG

Posted: 30 Jul 2003 3:54PM GMT
Surnames: KNEIP
This is a long shot, but there is a site that has Kneip genealogy. My own Kneip ancestors ended up in Ozaukee county. Perhaps the names originate from the surname. Check out Hans Deiter Kneip's page at http://rz.home.de/kneibppp

Updated URL

Posted: 1 Aug 2003 3:22PM GMT
Surnames: kneip
My apologies, here is the updated URL:

http://home.rhein-zeitung.de/~hdkneip/

Re: Possible connections Knipple

Jeanne (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2006 11:42PM GMT
Surnames: Knipple, Brandt, Goldberg, Koerner, Miller, Muhlstein, Schumantofski, Meyer
I saw your post of 23 Jul 2003, I have the Knipple name in my family. My Friederika "Ricka" Knipple was born 17 Dec 1838, possibly Mecklenberg, and died 13 Mar 1907 in Kellner, WI. Married to Christian Brandt about 1858. One of her daughters named Minnie Knipple Brandt. Does any of this sound familiar to you?

Posted: 2 Jul 2007 8:07PM GMT
Hi Helen,

Friederick Knepel of Granville was my gggrandfather. I have a lot of info on the Knepels in WI. Let me know what you need.

Kathy

Re: Possible spellings in Milwaukee's German newspapers

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 5:38PM GMT
Edited: 26 Mar 2013 12:16PM GMT
Surnames: Knüppel Knüpple Knueppel Knuepple Knippel
Some other spellings you'll want to consider are Knüppel Knüpple Knueppel Knuepple & Knippel. These variations are found in "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping family researchers collect evidence of our historic German-American culture.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions