Search for content in message boards

Peter Clifton-Tyrrell County, NC

Peter Clifton-Tyrrell County, NC

Posted: 19 Jan 2005 4:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CLIFTON
Looking for information on Peter Clifton, mid 1700s Tyrrell County, NC. He was a deed witness 21 Aug 1762. That is all I can find on him. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Peter Clifton-Tyrrell County, NC

Posted: 1 Feb 2005 6:44PM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2005 3:34PM GMT
Surnames: PETER CLIFTON
There is a Peter Clifton in Birdie County, NC but I do not know anything about him. Just starting to look for him, want to see if he has a son JOHN.

Kathy

Posted: 8 Jun 2005 1:22PM GMT
Edited: 25 Sep 2005 5:00PM GMT
Hi Kathy,
I am doing research on Peter CLIFTON, born abt 1750, Bertie Co.,NC, son of John William,Sr. I am looking to find a son of Peter that was named William and moved to AL around Fayette Co. in the early 1800s. Keep me in mind and I'll do the same.
JC

Posted: 8 Jun 2005 2:05PM GMT
Surnames: CLIFTON
I certainly will. I have been researching this JOHN CLIFTON for many years and people keep putting him with the JOHN in that area who married Penelope WARD but it is not him. This John I am looking for was alive in 1850.

Kathy

Bob Stokley (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2005 2:52PM GMT
Do you have any information on Peter Clifton who lived in Tyrrell County, NC? He witnessed a deed 21 Aug 1762 but I can find no other information about him. There was a Charles Clifton who witnessed a deed 15 Feb 1768. Someone has suggested that Peter's father might have been Absalom who was from either Surry or Isle of Wight County in Virginia.
The farthest back I can verify my line in Tyrrell County is Daniel Clifton who would have been born about 1787. Based on census records and approximate ages of children I believe that Robert Clifton would have been his father. I can't connect Robert to Peter or Charles although there is unquestionably a connection.
Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: 8 Jun 2005 6:57PM GMT
Surnames: Clifton
Hi:

I have never really researched Peter except to find out he was not the father of the man I was looking for. Our John Clifton was born about 1765 probably in VA. He married a Nancy?
and they lived in Henry and Patrick Co., VA. He had five sons one of which is my husbands ancestor, Martin J. Martin had three wives, my husband's ancestor is Susannah Barrett who was the first wife and is buried in Russell Co., Va.
Martin J. is buried in the Simmons Cemetery, Surgoinsville, TN. He is beside his third wife. His second wife is buried there too but not beside him.

Sorry I cannot help you. I had thought for a long time the JOHN Clifton who married Penelope Ward was ours, or so everyone said, but then after much research found out she was definitely not.

I do not know who Peter and Charles comes into the family nor if they even do.

Kathy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions