Search for content in message boards

Murff Family

Murff Family

Posted: 21 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 12:54AM GMT
Surnames: Murff, Ayers, Ayres, Embree
Looking for descendants of Duncan L and Joseph Ann Murff from Attala Co MS. There are supposed to be some Murff's buried in Athens,TX. These are some Murff names Cassins,Samuel, Clarence, Margorie,Yualpa, Bruce. Murff is not listed under most genealogy sites. I haven't found very many Murff's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Shelby

Murff family line.

Posted: 22 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Aug 2001 6:27AM GMT
Surnames: Murff
I will tell you what I can remember about the Murff family that I was in contact with and their relationship to Athens,Texas as I know it. Mrs. Paul Murff corresponded with many people here in Henderson County, Texas. She was researching the TRAMMELL family and I remember some other names that were from her letters. DESKIN,ALBRITTON are two that come to mind. She lived in Floydada, Texas and I am not sure what her actual connection here was. She was,however, very knowledgeable on the TRAMMELL lines. This all took place back in the 60's,70's, and possibly early 80's. I believe she has passed on now. Happy hunting. Barbara

Re: Murff Family

Robert Murff (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2001 3:32PM GMT
I'm looking for any information on Samuel or Eli Murff of Attala Co. MS.

SD (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2001 5:49PM GMT
Contact Malcolm Murff. He is listed on the Genforum Murff board. Just do a search. Let me know what happens.

Posted: 12 Nov 2001 1:04AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2002 10:00PM GMT
Regarding Samuel or Eli Murff from Attala Co., MS. I think perhaps I can help. Contact me at memurff@stic.net Regards.

Re: Murff family line.

Posted: 2 Jun 2002 12:00AM GMT
Have you any idea what her husband's name was? Thx

Posted: 23 Apr 2007 9:53PM GMT
I am doing research on the Duffel family of Attala Co. Mississippi and it seems everywhere I find trhem I find the Murff family! Do you know if they are related. I find Samuel Duffel in Attala Mississippi in 1850 and Pulaski Co Arkansas in 1860.

I am trying to find out where his son Joseph Duffel and Delila(h) got married and what her maiden name is?? They are togather in the 1860 census and then she remarries in 1866. We do not find their daughter Josephine born 1863 until the 1880 census, as she is not with Delila and her second husband Ulysess Beall in the 1870 census.

Thanks for any help - I know this is a long shot!!!!

Posted: 23 Apr 2007 10:12PM GMT
In the previous post I stated the Duffels were in Atalla Co. Mississippi and they are in fact in Panola Mississippi!!

I am doing research on the Duffel family of Panola Co. Mississippi and it seems everywhere I find trhem I find the Murff family! Do you know if they are related. I find Samuel Duffel in Panola Mississippi in 1850 and Pulaski Co Arkansas in 1860.

Posted: 6 Dec 2007 8:43PM GMT
Samuel Duffel of Panola County (earlier Madison County, MS and TN, a veteran of the War of 1812) was the father-in-law of Mark Linch. Mark and his wife Delia (or something similar, the handwritten entries are not clear) were the parents of Josephine Linch and Lula Beatrice Linch Burns, my grandmother. Delia and Mark Linch both died in 1866 in Panola County. I can point you toward a good bit of info about these families but the name Murff is unknown to me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic