Search for content in message boards

Harrison/Harris African American Family of Tangipahoa Parish LA

Harrison/Harris African American Family of Tangipahoa Parish LA

Posted: 8 Jul 2004 9:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jan 2006 3:07AM GMT
Surnames: Harris, Harrison, Richardson, McMichael
I am looking for the parents and descendents of Douglas Harrison (Harris) of Independence LA. Douglas was born circa 1850 or maybe as early as 1830. He was married to Lucy Richardson, Daughter of Jerry and Louisa Richardson. Their children were: Joe, Effie, Douglas Jr., Clara, Napoleon 'Moot,' Rose, Dora, Lucinda, Davis, and Felix.

I believe that Douglas was a former slave of the McMichael Family, but this is unsubstantiated. His siblings were: Needler 'Neely,' Clara, Joseph, Isaac, Jacob 'Jake,' Robert, Elizabeth and Caroline Harrison.

If you have knowledge of descendents or ancestors, please contact me!

Looking for the ancestors and descendents of Jerry (b. 1825) and Louisa (b. 1835) Richardson of Independence/Amite LA. Jerry and Louisa children are: Charlotte, Bell, Lucy, Dora, Benjamin and Anna. Lucy Richardson married Douglas Harrison, my 3rd great grandfather.

Any and all information that you may have is welcomed.

Re: Harrison/Harris African American Family of Tangipahoa Parish LA

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 10:48PM GMT
Hi, my name is Shondra & I'm a descendent of Joseph & Emma Harris. Joseph's parents are Douglas & Lucy Harris. My grandmother (Daisy Pierre) is the daughter of Joseph & Emma. I would like for you to contact because I would like to learn more about my family. We are planning stages of the Harris-Harrison-Marshall Family Reunion that will be held in 2014. I look forward to hearing from you!

Re: Harrison/Harris African American Family of Tangipahoa Parish LA

Posted: 18 Sep 2013 3:27PM GMT
Surnames: Harris or Harrison
Can I get the information on the Harris-Harrison-Marshall Family Reunion. Douglas and Lucy had Jacob. Jacob Sr. had Mattie, Mattie is my great, great grandmother. I am interested in meeting some of my family. My email is prettbrowneyes@hotmail.com. Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions