Search for content in message boards

Need Marriage For Bonnie B Witt in Roswell

Need Marriage For Bonnie B Witt in Roswell

Posted: 28 May 2013 10:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Witt
He is a male married a Josephine around 1920. He died in the service in 1924

I DONT NEED ANY OTHER INFO..I HAVE HIS PARENTS NAME, THE DAY HE WAS BORN AND WHEN HE DIED AND WHERE AND HAVE ALL OTHER FAMILY INFO,CENSUS RECORDS ETC!

If anyone can help me on this id really appreciate it! What iam trying to figure out is bonnies wife josephine maiden name

Thanks Barb!

Re: Need Marriage For Bonnie B Witt in Roswell

Posted: 25 Jun 2013 6:18PM GMT
Bonnie N. Witt married Josephine Hewes on 11-24-1920

Posted: 25 Jun 2013 8:10PM GMT
Thank you! Can i ask where you found this info! And what state did they marry in! Iam assuming New Mexico.. I would amagine Josephine re-married after Bonnie passed away so young at the age 28. They where living in illinois at time of his death..I cant find out what happened to josephine afterwards! Thanks Barb!

Posted: 25 Jun 2013 8:35PM GMT
Well here I am thinking that you know where I am from, teach me to assume :) :) :)

I looked it up at the Chaves County Clerk's marriage records here in Roswell, NM. They married here in Roswell.

I am not showing her buried at South Park with Bonnie Witt so maybe she is buried in Illinois. Did they have any children?

Posted: 25 Jun 2013 8:42PM GMT
not sure if they had children..he died on a military base..A accident on base.. They where only married 4 years when he passed away,Iam thinking josephine re-married.. Thank you for your help

Posted: 25 Jun 2013 9:03PM GMT
Surnames: witt
There is a Josephine Witt in the 1922 roswell new mexico city directory but not sure if its her or not! there where 2 josephine witts in roswell

Posted: 28 Jun 2013 2:30PM GMT
Hi there:

Just for your info :)

Josephine's parents, Matilda and W. R. "Billy" Hewes are buried in Roswell at South Park.

I went through the daughters' married names and figured out that Josephine married Wayne Brewster. In 1930 they lived in El Paso, Texas. She had a son, Bobbie Witt Brewster, age six, born in Illinois circa 1924. Perhaps she might have been pregnant when Bonnie died? (it did not mention a child in the small obit here) She had another son, age 1 1/2 born in Texas. I thought she might have married Dwight Herbst but he was married to her older sister, Katherine. Our library does not have the 1922 city directory so unable to look it up to see if it was her.

Posted: 25 Oct 2013 10:57PM GMT
Hi Barb,
I am Ted Hewes at 505.465.0321 P. O. Box 1201 Pena Blanca, NM 87041. I can give you all information on Bonnie Witt and Josephine Hewes Witt Bruster (sp). Josephine is my aunt. I do not have a computer so a friend is sending this for me. You may contact me at any of the above information. If you wish, please inform me as to your relationship to these people. It might further my family research. Thank you.
Ted Hewes

Posted: 26 Oct 2013 1:31AM GMT
Hi Ted! Bonnie Witt is the son of my GGreat Aunt Ida Gertrude Wright Witt and his father was William Francis Witt lived in roswell new mexico in 1930's. Ida Gertrude Wright Witt was sister to my GGrandfather Ambrose Wright in Gaines Texas. What i would loved to have is a photo of bonnie and possible josephine.. Out of all the Witt siblings,Bonnie is the only one i dont have a photo for! My email is lilybee2(at)gmail.com.. I well try to write to you soon! If you do locate photo could you please email them to my email address! and i can share the photos i have too! Thanks Barb!

Posted: 26 Oct 2013 2:00AM GMT
Thank you Mary! I appreciate you looking all this up for me! Really helps my research! A family member replied so hope to hear from them soon! Thanks! Barb!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions