Search for content in message boards

John Chaffin, Christopher Chaffin, STANDLY CHAFFIN, Elias Chaffin and Joshua Chaffin

John Chaffin, Christopher Chaffin, STANDLY CHAFFIN, Elias Chaffin and Joshua Chaffin

Posted: 2 Mar 2002 2:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Chaffin, Loftis, Clemmons, Roberts,Tinsley, Curnette.
Would appreciate hearing from anyone on the above named Chaffins. Especially STANDLY CHAFFIN who was listed in the 1776-1786 Legislative Pettions for Cumberland Co, Va.
Am more than interested in Standley Chaffin, Sr. who had a son Pleasant. They were listed or rather mentioned in the Quaker Monthly Meeting of Cedar Creek whose publication covered Hanover, New Kent, Caroline, Louisa, Orange, Bedford,Campbell, Albemarle, Halifax, Charles City, Amelea, Goochland and Henry. Would also like to find an Abner Chaffin that showed up on the 1791 Va Tax Lists for Amelia Co., Va.
You may contact me personally if preferred.

Re: John Chaffin, Christopher Chaffin, STANDLY CHAFFIN, Elias Chaffin and Joshua Chaffin

Posted: 4 Mar 2002 3:22AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2005 11:40PM GMT
Surnames: Chaffin, Chafin
I show in my records ABNER CHAFFIN, born c1765 in Virginia, married to Jenny. They had 11 children: JOSEPH CHAFFIN, born 3 Jan 1793 & died 1861 Jackson Co., TN (md Nancy Fox 18 Oct 1812, TN); William Chafin; Balaam Chaffin; Martha Chaffin; Jefferson Chaffin; Elias Chaffin; John Chaffin; Abel Chaffin born c 1805 at Jackson Co., TN; Mary Chaffin; Martin Thomas Chaffin; & Ruth Chaffin.

Re: John Chaffin, Christopher Chaffin, STANDLY CHAFFIN, Elias Chaffin and Joshua Chaffin

Posted: 5 Sep 2002 11:30PM GMT
Edited: 17 Feb 2003 1:39AM GMT
An Abner Chaffin (from Virginia) was my gggg grandfather. If you are interested in his descendants through his son, Martin Thomas, through Harvey, through Robert, through H.C., through Jimmie, please let me know. I, also, found Standly for the first time today (in the same reports which you mentioned). I believe that most of us have a serious mess of who belongs to whom from Abner backwards. Sure would love to clear this up.

Christopher Chaffin (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2002 4:49AM GMT
My name is Christopher Chaffin. I um...heh...found this page by doing a vanity search on google.com. My grandfather's name is John Chaffin, my father's name is Neill Chaffin, and my uncles are Ross and Gary Chaffin. My grandmother was Wanda Chaffin. Oklahoma City.

Gladysjinx Loftis (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2002 3:43PM GMT
Hi Gail
Thanks for answering so soon. Yes, I would love to share with you all that you have on all above espedially on Abner.
I thoroughly agree that there is radically something not quite right going backward on Abner. I have thought for many years that somewhere someone has put in too many Johns or Josephs.
Will look forward to you replay. I can give you quite a bit of info, some of which you probably all ready have.
Gladysjinx Loftis

Posted: 10 May 2003 5:24AM GMT
Edited: 4 Dec 2003 4:06AM GMT
Surnames: van Giesen, Artzberger, Chaffin, Green, Mudie, Meek, whitehill etc.
Hello Gladys:

I sincerely hope that the jinx is not a coincidence! You see, my G. Grandfather had the nickname of Jinx or Jink. His full name was Frank Jennings (Jinx) Chaffin of W. Virginia and Ohio River area of Ohio & Pennsylvania. I didn't check your posting yet to see what you have written, but am eager to compare some notes with you. Frank was born in 1895, don't know parents, but married a Gladys Glenn of Pennsylvania, Midland to be exact. They both lived and died in E. Liverpool Ohio near Calcutta. Gladys' parents were Etta Eugenia Baxter & Franklin Glenn, lived in Calcutta Ohio. I have a cemetery record for Etta. I know that the Chaffin's had a farm in WVirginia near the Ohio border and he had brothers> Donald possibly a Robert. Sorry I don't have all my notes handy at this time. They were tied in with Meeks, Whitehill's etc. If you think we have some kind of match please let me know!

Very best regards,

Kimberly

Surnames: VAN GIESEN, ARTZBERGER, CHAFFIN, JENNINGS, BAUER, NEITZNICK, GLENN, BAXTER, WHITEHILL, CRAWFORD, CALHOON, EWING, MCLAUGHLIN, STEPHENS, KENDIG, MUDIE, MEEK, GREEN, CALHOUN, WHITE, MILLARD, LUKASICKY, VREELAND, VAN GROENLAND, ANDRIESSEN, CORBY, BRAEKE, CORSTANG, CRANE, SAGER, RUTH, WESSELS, VAN SENT, SQUIRE, ZUNDELBACH

Posted: 23 Feb 2004 3:44AM GMT
Edited: 12 Sep 2004 5:29PM GMT
I 'm not reserarching the Chaffin line, but my Epperson family lived near them. From my records here is what I have that mentions Chaffin:

Deed from Joshua Chafin to Francis Apperson, 21 March 1754

"This indenture made this Twenty first day of March in the year one thousand seven hundred and fifty four by and Between -- Joshua Chafin of Southam parish in Cumberland County of the one part and Francis Apperson of the same parish and County -- Witnesseth that the said Joshua Chafin for and in consideration of the sum of fifty pounds current money to him in hand paid at and before the insealing ahd delivery of these presents the receipt of whereof he doth hereby acknowledge thereof and every part thereof doth clearly acquit and discharge the said Francis Apperson his heirs executors administrators and every of them by these presents hath granted aliened bargained sold releas’d and confirmd and by those presents doth grant alien bargain sell release and confirm to the said Francis Apperson one tract or parcel of land in the aforesaid Parish of Southam, County of Cumberland containing 200 acres as per Patent Dated the six day July 1741and abounded as followeth Beginning at a pine Wm Mackoys corner turning thence on the said MacKoy North Eighty Degrees East on hundred and sixty poles to pointers then new line Two Hundred and Twenty four poles to pointers on Joseph Scotts line thence on Joseph Scott South Eighty Degrees west one hundred ninety four poles to pointers then new line south twenty degrees east two hundred and twelve poles to the first station with all and singulars the . . .
Signed Joshua Chafin
Witnesses: Henry Macon, Wm. Womack, Leander Hughes.
Memorandom that on the twenty first March anno Dom 1754 peacable and quiet possession . . .
same witnesses.
[DB 2 PG 100]

Processioners Report, Southam Parish, Aug 1, 1772

Between Francis Epperson & Stanley Chaffin Between David Dickerson & Francis Epperson, Francis Epperson present.
Between James Durham & Thomas Wright
Between Joseph Anglea & Thomas Wright
Between John Pleasants', dec'd and Joseph Anglea
Between Francis Epperson & Joseph Anglea
Between Francis Epperson and William Lee
Between Thomas Wright and Francis Epperson
Between John Brown and Francis Epperson
Between Gideon Glenn and Thomas Wright
Between Nathan Womack and Thomas Wright

Deed from Francis Epperson to Bartlett Angelea, 25 May 1772

". . .between Francis Epperson of the Parish of Littleton and county of Cumberland of the one part and Bartlett Angelea of the same . . . for the sum of 125 pounds current money . . .one tract or parcel of land lying in Cumberland Co. containing two hundred acres of land. . .adjoining Standley Chaffin and David Dickerson and James Durham, and William Angelea and William Angelea Jun'r as followeth with all [no metes and bounds] . . ."
Martha, wife of Francis relinquishes her right of dower in the land.
Witnesses: No witnesses listed on transcription.
[DB 5 PG 52]

Posted: 17 Jun 2004 5:19PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2006 1:15AM GMT
Amos Chaffin Married Mary Moore They had at least 2 children. Abner, Abel Chaffin and Balem Chaffin

Abner Chaffin married Jenny Cox Their children were Elias Chaffin b. 1804, Jackson County TN. died March 1856 in Jefferson County Ill. Ruth Chaffin B. Dec. 3. 1822 and Sophia Chaffin

Elias Chaffin Married Nancy Meador Their children were:
Elizabeth, Matilda, Ruth, Sophia, Millie, Jefferson, Emily, John, Martha, Henry, James & Mary Ellen

Sophia married William Wilburn, then Urias Vaughn then Eli Albert

Child of Sophia Chaffin and William Wilburn was Elizabeth, my great grandmother. I have more info if you would contact me.
The Late Carl Albert, former Speaker of the House of the United States was a descendent Sophia and Eli Alvert. I am Robert L. Clark of Mt. Vernon, MO.

Posted: 19 Oct 2007 2:27PM GMT
Surnames: Chaffin, Cox, Vaughn
Abner Chaffin was married to Jane (Jenny) Cox on Dec. 18, 1789 in Nelson Co., KY. His son Elias was first married to Nancy Meador & their daughter Elizabeth married Barney Vaughn who ended up in Marion Co., IL. Would love to share info with anyone on this line. Jane Cox parents were David Cox & Margaret Bruce.

Posted: 3 Mar 2008 3:58AM GMT
Are you searching for Barney and Elizabeth's children.
Thank you'
Evelyn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic