Search for content in message boards

Amelia Baumgartner obit or death cert, died in Lugerville, WI 1918

Amelia Baumgartner obit or death cert, died in Lugerville, WI 1918

Posted: 14 Apr 2012 4:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Date of death Nov. 5, 1918 in Lugerville, but I believe she and her family were living in Elk, WI.

Born Sep 15, 1873, nee Kuhn or Kuehn, in Germany. aka Emilie

Husband's name Benedict, children Catherine aka Kate, Marie, Frank, Josephine and Edward. Parents (I believe were William August and Wilhelmina Kuhn or Kuehn) Siblings Gustave and William.

Had numerous other children that had died and were buried in Medford, WI during early 1900's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Have a nice day.
Michelle

Re: Amelia Baumgartner obit or death cert, died in Lugerville, WI 1918

Posted: 17 Apr 2012 6:53PM GMT
Surnames: Baumgartner Kuehn Kuhn
I regret that there was not a death record for Amelia Kuehn/Kuhn Baumgartner at the Price County, Wisconsin Register of Deeds at the Courthouse. In 1918, death records were not (usually) sent back to the county of residence if a person died in another county.
I didn't get to the library this morning, but next time I'm there, I'll see if there is anything in a Lugerville news column in THE BEE or THE PHILLIPS TIMES near her death date.

Lugerville (a village) was in the Town of Elk in 1918. Today it is in the Town of Flambeau. Lugerville, Elk and Flambeau do not have cemeteries. Most of those burials were in Phillips, occasionally in Fifield.

Posted: 17 Apr 2012 10:13PM GMT
Surnames: Kuhn, Gutekunst, Baumgarter, Baumgartener, voss, Best
Slightly off topic, But I noticed surnames in your post that Caught my eye.
I would like to know more about Paul Baumgarter or Baumgartner who wrote a letter to my grandfather, Fred Gutekunst in 1917. Paul had just joined the army ( I don't know whether he survived). Fred was born in 1896 so Paul must have been about the same age. Fred Gutekunst's father, Gottlieb Gutekunst (1877-1937) co-owed a bakery with a man named Kuhn (Kuhn and Gutekunst bakery) in Detroit. Gottlieb later owned bakeries in Chicago, Munsing, and Phillips Wisconsin. All of these men were bakers. Gottlieb's first wife, Helene Voss, also came from a family of bakers. His second wife, Mrs Bertha Best née Cline or Kline and her son worked with him in the bakeries in Munsing and Phillips.

Any of this sound like it might connect with your Amelia Baumgartner née Kuhn?

Posted: 18 Apr 2012 11:44AM GMT
Thank you so much for checking! I really appreciate it. Do you know if I send $20 to the state level and if they do have a certificate of death in any county, will they then send me a copy?

Thanks for all your help!!!
Michelle

Posted: 18 Apr 2012 11:56AM GMT
Sorry, although I don't have a lot of information on the Kuhn side of the tree, none of those names have come up yet. From the ones I have located the Censuses have their occupations listed as farmers and an electrician. This is a unique fact if you've come across this, the Kuhn family lived in South Africa for awhile also during the late 1890's and early 1900's before going back to Germany and then immigrating to the US. Any bells???

Good luck in your search!

Posted: 18 Apr 2012 4:23PM GMT
Surnames: GUTEKUNST
While at the courthouse yesterday looking for the Baumgartner info, the Register of Deeds gave me your contact information and interest in more information about the Gutekunst family and bakery. I was in school with Rita Best and will try to track her down for you. A gal that knows more about Gutekunst's as neighbors is now traveling. I'll take your letter to the next genealogy meeting and reply directly to you when more is known. The name Paul Baumgartner is not familiar to me.
Karen B.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions