Search for content in message boards

Williams surname

Williams surname

Eifion Wyn Williams (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 1999 12:54PM GMT
My name is Eifion Wyn Williams. 42 yrs old, born in Bangor, Gwynedd. North Wales. My father Huw Wyn Williams, son of John, son of Elias from Porthmadoc, Gwynedd (Near Snowdon)still lives in Bangor. My family and I try to visit him as often as possible as we live very near London. He is full of history and family stories and I treasure what I have learned from him. Apparently John Williams, my grandfather was not satisfied with the comfortable life his father Elias had managed to achieve through being a well known and sought after builder in Porthmadoc and Criccieth, and decided to sign up on a clipper bound for America at the age of 14.
On the front of the beautiful seaside town of Criccieth, Elias' houses are still loved and lived in.
Please e-mail me if you have any interest.

Eifion ap Huw

Williams surname

Posted: 19 Dec 1999 2:21PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jan 2002 3:02AM GMT
I am not sure if there is any connection as my ancestors lived in Arkansas, U.S.A. I am not sure when they arrived there, however, it must have been at least in the 1800's.

This is the first time that I have ever searched the name Williams. I cannot, at this time, locate the paper on which the family tree was drawn. My great grandfathers name was James Williams.

Whether we are related or not, it would be nice to hear from you.

P.S. I may not have access to the internet after the end of December, but please try to reach me if you can.

Thank you.

Diana

Williams in Arkansas

Wanda Green Harrigan (View posts)
Posted: 20 Dec 1999 5:27PM GMT
My Gmother was Williams. She was born in 1902 and lived in Lake City Arkansas. She married a Green in 1919or 1920. They lived in or near Cherry Valley ARkansas most of their lives. Does any of this sound familar? Please email me direct at swh1298@swbell.netThanks Wanda

ELIAS WILLIAMS AND FAMILY

REMEE (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2000 11:35PM GMT
I AM LOOKING FOR ELIAS WILLIAMS BORN IN FEB OF 1852 HE WAS MARRIED TO MARY JANE CRANFORD WITH BIRTHDATE MARCH OF 1862 THEY WERE FROM ALABAMA THEIR CHILDREN WERE JAMES, AMOS, MARY
LEONARD, GEORGE, AND RELLA WILLIAMS I ONLY HAVE LITTLE INFORMATION BUT I DO KNOW THEY WERE FROM SHELBY CO ALABAMA IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON ANY OF THESE PEOPLE PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT KMKMMOM I REALLY APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION

ELIAS WILLIAMS AND FAMILY

RENEE (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2000 12:03AM GMT
I AM LOOKING FOR ELIAS WILLIAMS BORN IN FEB OF 1852 HE WAS MARRIED TO MARY JANE CRANFORD WITH BIRTHDATE MARCH OF 1862 THEY WERE FROM ALABAMA THEIR CHILDREN WERE JAMES, AMOS, MARY
LEONARD, GEORGE, AND RELLA WILLIAMS I ONLY HAVE LITTLE INFORMATION BUT I DO KNOW THEY WERE FROM SHELBY CO ALABAMA IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON ANY OF THESE PEOPLE PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT KMKMMOM I REALLY APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION

Ambrose Williams b. 1725 Wales

Colleen Cannon (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2001 8:31PM GMT
Found his land deed of 1759 in Lunenburg Co., VA. In 1779 he had moved and entered land in Burke Co., N.C. He m/l Mary Moor. She died just after the Rev. War in N.C. Ambrose m/2 Jane Inman and had several children by her. They moved to unk. - Possibly near Greenville, S.C. Have 6000 Williams Family members documented. Glad to cor. with any Williams' My name is Clydene Williams Cannon. Use my daus. comp. to e-mail me.

Ambrose Williams b. 1725 Wales

Colleen Cannon (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2001 8:35PM GMT
Found his land deed of 1759 in Lunenburg Co., VA. In 1779 he had moved and entered land in Burke Co., N.C. He m/l Mary Moor. She died just after the Rev. War in N.C. Ambrose m/2 Jane Inman and had several children by her. They moved to unk. - Possibly near Greenville, S.C. Have 6000 Williams Family members documented. Glad to cor. with any Williams' My name is Clydene Williams Cannon. Use my daus. comp. to e-mail me.

Williams Family

Posted: 31 Jan 2001 3:03PM GMT
Edited: 22 Feb 2002 5:05PM GMT
Stuck searching for Williams relatives- Peter and Mary Ann Williams of SC Any information would be a great help. Contact me at LennWil@aol.com

Re: Ambrose Williams b. 1725 Wales

Posted: 29 Jun 2001 7:15PM GMT
I am a direct descendant of Ambrose Williams and Mary Moor through their son Robert Williams born Apr 7, 1770 in North Carolina. I was excited to see that you found a land deed for Ambrose in 1759 Lunenburg Co. Va. I have obtained alot of information on the Williams Family and would like to exchange family history. Please email me at TalbotRL@msn.com. Thank you, Linda Talbot

Re: Ambrose Williams b. 1725 Wales

richea brigance (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2001 10:12PM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Boggs, Brigance
My husband is a descendant of Ambrose Williams through his son Robert. I would love to exchange information. Please contact me at richea@cei.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions