Search for content in message boards

carmody listowel co kerry

carmody listowel co kerry

Posted: 24 Feb 2003 1:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Oct 2003 12:31PM GMT
My father was jeremiah carmody from meen listowel he was the second youngest of 11 children,he had a brother called edward who:s wife was Nell Barry, Edwards Father was married to a lady called Dillon,Edward immergrated to new york and had seven children hopeing for a responce; reguards Rosemarie.

Re: carmody listowel co kerry

Posted: 24 Feb 2003 6:49PM GMT
Edited: 9 Mar 2004 8:59PM GMT
http://www.rootsweb.com/~irlker/listowel.html

The site above shows you the location of Meen Listowel.

Saint John's R.C. Church
Listowel,
Co. Kerry
where baptism/marriages take place for Listowel area residents.
Anyone born after 1864, you can obtain their birth records.
The GRO Dublin has a web site.
Renting the 1901 Meen Listowel area census will give you information on the Carmody families of Meen who were still there in 1901. This can be rented from the LDS
if you have one near you.
GenFindit do such searches for a fee. They also have a web site.
Check out the Ellis Island site.
Lots of Carmody of Listowel passenger lists on there.

Regards
KerryKate
http://www3.telus.net/KerryKate/

Re: carmody listowel co kerry/Correction to Church name

Posted: 24 Feb 2003 6:51PM GMT
Edited: 9 Mar 2004 8:59PM GMT
OPPs!!
Church name in Listowel should have read

Saint Mary's R.C Church
Listowel
Co. Kerry.

Posted: 7 Apr 2003 5:26AM GMT
My grandmother was Mary Carmody who lived at 25 Charles St, Listowel and she also came from a family of 11 children - She moved to New York and worked as a nanny for the Loew's family and married Francis Mulvey (from Longford, who was an apprentice tailor in Manhattan) - I too am trying to put a family tree together and if there's any connection or you can give me any advice as to where to go from here I'd appreciate it - Thanks and good luck, Bob

Posted: 24 Jun 2009 2:12AM GMT
Am looking for Carmodys from Listowel and possibly Ballylongford. My ggrandmother was a Bridget Carmody from a very large family. Interestingly enough I am also looking for Mulvihills from the same areas as Carmodys married into that family as well as O'Connors amongst others. When several Mulvihills emigrated to New York late 1890s they lived mainly in the Bronx. Some of their descendants became priests and nuns. Some Mulvihills were also known as Mulveys in New York and may have been buried there under that name.

Posted: 4 Apr 2013 11:32AM GMT
Hi I found your message about your family. I am searching my family tree and Mary Carmody married Francis mulvey in 1906 and had 4 kids I think.
My grandfather is William Carmody which is Mary's brother.
Please feel free to contact me on email : heidi_james@hotmail.com
Hope to here from you.
Kind regards
Heidi James

Posted: 4 Apr 2013 11:35AM GMT
Hi I found your message about your family. I am searching my family tree and Mary Carmody married Francis mulvey in 1906 and had 4 kids I think.
My grandfather is William Carmody which is Mary's brother.
Please feel free to contact me on email : heidi_james@hotmail.com
Hope to here from you.
Kind regards
Heidi James

Posted: 6 May 2013 4:35AM GMT
Hi - I just read your reply to my message regarding the Carmody's of Listowel. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you.
Mary Carmody (known as Babe to friends and family) was born May 16th 1885 in Listowel, one of sixteen children! She came to New York October 13, 1902. She married Francis Xavier Mulvey in New York November 5th 1905. Their children were Patrick (who died age 12) twins Frank and John, Joe, Mary (who also died age 2) Anne and Agnes. Two of Mary's sisters Lavinia and Margie, and later a brother Jack Carmody came to America.
Agnes was my mother-in-law who died just last year aged 93. She was married to Walter Precious, who died just two months later. Hope this helps, and don't hesitate to contact me - Agnes wrote her life story and it includes some other information about the Carmody's....
All the best,
Marbob619@yahoo.com

per page

Find a board about a specific topic