Search for content in message boards

LAKE Family

Posted: 10 Oct 2004 12:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 May 2005 10:07PM GMT
Surnames: Lake, Brown
Iseral Boyton Lake b:1907 d.1979
Parents are Iseral Jayton Lake b:1865 d.1959 and Geneva Brown (no dates) married Iseral Jayton in 1899 Hants County N.S.
Iseral Jayton Lakes parents were Dyer Lake b. 1810 N.S. d.1886 N.S. but dont know wifes name or dates or family.

Dyers parents were Calab Lake b1787 d1868 N.S. and his wife Frances no last name ,b1787 d1870 or parents on her. can anyone help me fill in the blanks

Re: LAKE Family

Posted: 10 Oct 2004 3:20AM GMT
Edited: 3 May 2005 10:09PM GMT
Surnames: Lake, Mosher, Wilcox
According to John Victor Duncanson's book "Newport, Nova Scotia: A Rhode Island Township," Caleb Lake was b. c1783, died 4 Apr 1868. He is buried in the GR Lake Family Buring Ground, Minas Shore, Bramber, NS. He married Frances (Franny) Mosher b. c1787, d. 11 Jan 1970. (dau. of Allen and Esther (Wilcox) Mosher of Newport, RI, USA and Kempt, NS. There children were (listed in order from Caleb's will):
Caleb b. c1807
Dyer, b. 1810, d. 1886
George, b. c1812, d. before 22 Apr. 1870
Benjamin, b. c1814, d. 15 Dec 1891
Jehu, b. c1815
Stephen, b. c1819, d. 1 Jan 1901
Nathan, b. c1820, d. 26 Jan 1874
Sarah
Susan
Esther
Frances
Mary Ann
John, b. c1818 (there is a "?'" next to this name
___________________________________-

Dyer, Israel's father, was married twice. His first wife was Esther (unk last name or date of marriage.) Children from this marriage are :
Rachel, Agnes, Maria, John, Susan and Caleb.
He married 2nd: Eliza Card b. 1831, d. Jul 1911. Their children were:
Esther Eliza, Amy, Israel Judson (b. c1866, d. 13 Nov 1959, m. Geneva Brown 1899), Henry Gilbert, Elias Fulton, and Dyer.

Israel Judson and Geneva (Brown) Lake have 9 children listed:
Ella May, Ethel, Israel Boynton, Gladys Madelyn, Sherman Henry, Lewis Dyer, Bernard Elias, William Arthur, and George Maurice.

Hope this helps.

Posted: 12 Feb 2005 5:49PM GMT
Edited: 3 May 2005 10:09PM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Galley, Lake
Searching for Hannah, ca 1828 NS - 30 Jan 1906 ae 76 Bramber, Hants NS, widow of Edward GALLEY (drowned ca 1856/8 at sea) and wife of Nathan BROWN.

Galley ch: Edward/Edwin A. 1852 - 1934 Somerville/Medford MA; James William, 1854/5 ME - 1936 Bramber NS

Brown ch: Henry, 1860 - 1947 Bramber m Lorraine B. Lake, Margaret, 1862, Thomas 1864, Annie 1866, Enos, 1868.

Children of Henry Brown and 'Rainey' Lake: Andy (Capt. on Graceline ship in NYC, had son Orland), Dave, Harry, Ralph, Orland, Christina, Alice, Ora, Agnes, Percy.

Please help me find maiden name of Hannah, where born, etc. and more on Edward Galley, carpenter or Capt. of Eastport ME. Thanks!

Elaine Hunt (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2006 2:12AM GMT
Surnames: Lake, Mosher
Hi,
Caleb Lake's wife's name was Frances
Mosher, born about 1787. She died around 1870. There is a lot of information available to you, on the Lake family, at www.family search.com. free of charge. So far, I haven't been able to find any more information on Frances Mosher. If you find anything, I would appreciate your e-mailing me. Thanks. Elaine Hunt

Posted: 15 Aug 2007 4:49AM GMT
Surnames: Brown, McLellan
I think we might be looking for information on the same people I am looking for a Nathan and Hannah Brown of Cheverie/Bramber area, my Great Great Grandmother was Amelia Alice Brown she married Austin McLellan they lived up the shore from cheverie/bramber in a village called Tennecape

any info you have would be greatly appreciated

Jamie

Posted: 15 Aug 2007 4:49PM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Galley, Colson
Hi, am not at home until mid Sept where I keep my file on BROWN.....please email me again then and I will check on Amelia. My Browns are in Kings County, however, the Hannah who married Nathan BROWN is one of my grandmother's who married first Edward GALLEY who drowned ca 1852 leaving her with two sons. She then married Nathan and had more children, lived in Bramber or Kempt and died ca 1906....would like her maiden name, parents, birth place/date, etc.
My other Browns were James, had daughters Watie Jane and my Maria Elizabeth who came to Gloucester/Boston MA and married Capt. Joseph COLSON of PEI. Her daughter, Watie Jane, was my grandmother born 1875. Thanks for writing and please write again later. Mary Jane Lewis

Posted: 22 Aug 2007 7:11PM GMT
Surnames: Lake, Brown
At age 30 Israel Lake married Nov. 15, 1899 in Summerville Geneva Brown who was 19 at the time born in Brookville (Bramber/Cheverie Area Today) the daughter of Martin & Fanny Brown. Israel was the son of Dwyer and Eliza Lake of Kempt.

Posted: 22 Aug 2007 7:31PM GMT
Surnames: Galley, Brown
James William Galley born December 18, 1852 in Eastport, Maine died May 7, 1936 of stomach cancer according to his death certificate his son was the informant and gave the following as his parents Andrew Galley born Eastport, Maine and Hannah Brown born in Nova Scotia. Death certificates in 1936 clearly ask for Mothers Maiden Name. Now it is obvious that there was some confusion I presume the son did not know much about his father’s father as he died when James was young and the son got confused and listed the name Andrew (James brothers name) instead of Edward, James brother Andrew lived in the US and perhaps didn’t have great connection with this family hence how James son got confused with the name? Due to this initial error I assumed that the son was also confused about Hannah’s maiden name and just listed her current name with her new husband Nathan Brown.

HOWEVER

Henry Brown son of Nathan and Hannah was born April 11, 1860 and died May 8, 1947 on his Death certificate his son David was the informant and listed Nathan Brown born in Nova Scotia and for Mothers Maiden Name Hannah Brown born in Nova Scotia.
My theory I am trying to prove or disprove right now is that Hannah’s maiden name is actually Brown born in Nova Scotia probably some relation to Nathan your Edward Galley probably was a seafaring man as you suspect married her took her to Eastport, Maine where there son James Galley was born and at Edwards death Hannah returned home to her family where she married Nathan Brown?

Posted: 18 Jan 2008 4:33PM GMT
We are researching the same family.....lets put togather our info and see if we cant fill in some missing pieces on the Brown/Galley family

Posted: 18 Jan 2008 8:56PM GMT
Surnames: Galley, King, Proctor,Brown, Loomer, Rand
I am looking for your ancestor Amelia BROWN, mother Hannah C. ......, wid/of Edward GALLEY who drowned age 36. Hannah C. was born about 1834/5, died 31 Jan 1906 age 76, buried Bramber Cemetery, and she smoked a pipe. In about 1858/9 she married Nathan BROWN, Apr 1826 - 12 Sep 1906, ae 80, buried Bramber Cemetery. She had two Galley sons, Edward and James, and 10 BROWN children, Henry, Margaret, Thomas, Annie, Enos, maybe Annie again, Ellen A., and Amelia 'Melie'.
Is there any way we can get an obit on Hannah C.???? Do we have any siblings for her? Would enjoy hearing from you again. M. J. Lewis
per page

Find a board about a specific topic