Search for content in message boards

Teats/Ringer Connection

Teats/Ringer Connection

Katie Beaver (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2002 1:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Teats, Ringer, Guthrie, Smith, Turney, Peters
I am trying to find information on Daniel Teats who married Elizabeth (Betsy) Ringer in 1837. Does anyone know the parentage of either of these. They resided in Preston County, WV and then in Allegany County (now Garrett) Maryland.

Re: Teats/Ringer Connection

Posted: 19 Sep 2002 2:55AM GMT
Surnames: Teets, Teats, Ringer
Katie,

Now I don't have a source documented for this information, but I have that Daniel's parents were George Teets/Teats and Betsy. I have that he also had a brother named Henry and a sister named Betsy.

Hope that this helps,
Wendy

Posted: 19 Sep 2002 11:49AM GMT
Thanks I will go from there. I am not sure if this is the same or not. I have Daniel's siblings as William, Sam (Ducklegged),
Kate (Stark). Thanks for the reply. I wondered about Henry. He is in Maryland too and so was Daniel. My email is katydid1995200@yahoo.com

Dawne Temple (View posts)
Posted: 11 Oct 2002 1:48PM GMT
There is a Daniel Teets buried in Cuzzart Cemetery in Pleasant District, Preston Co.
Daniel W. Teets born July 24, 1850 died March 10, 1859
(son maybe?)
also in same cemetery
Harrison Teets 1848-1928. Virginia his wife 1868-19__.
Jas. F. Teets died June 1, 1919 age 14 yrs.

In Cupp Cemetery
Henry Teets died Jan 17, 1883 aged 73 years.

Dawne Temple (View posts)
Posted: 11 Oct 2002 1:59PM GMT
East View Cemetery, Preston County
Samuel S. Teets Apr. 30, 1969-_____Bertha his wife Sept. 30, 1870-Apr. 10, 1898

Re: Teats/Ringer Connection-I found Him!

Posted: 11 Oct 2002 3:27PM GMT
I think I have found him on ancestry.com
One source has him listed as Daniel Teets born 1818 in Terra Alta d. in Fayette Co. Father George Henry Teets b. 1784 in Suchyler, Posen Preussen Germany.
Mother Betsy (unknown) b. in Preston County
married Elizabeth Molly Ringer b. abt. 1820 in Preston Co. 1837 in Shelbysport Dist. Garrett MD. they had 10 children. I ran that list off. contact listed for this was James Whittington jimjan005@aol.com. He lists christenings too. Another contact with the same info. is Phyllis Gaskill Gaskill@whidbey.net. If you don't hear from them, I can look up and give you the rest of the information.

Posted: 13 Oct 2002 2:26PM GMT
Thank you, It definately seems to fit.

don ringer (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2003 7:40PM GMT
How about all the Ringer's that lived or are living in Terra Alta? I had parents and grandparents that were born and raised there. Stanley Ringer was my father, Gaye and Chester Ringer were my grandparents and my mother was a Wilborn. There is even a Ringer Avenue in Terra Alta.

George Ringer (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2003 1:57AM GMT
I have been working on Ringer Family Tree. What do you need? Do you have info on the Ringers.?

Kate Beaver (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2003 3:02PM GMT
Unfortunately I have nothing on the Ringers helped me. I have not found anything on Elizabeth (Betsy) Ringer who married Daniel Teats. Where did you find their marriage. I have searched the Maryland marriages and have found no record. I had the date from some family members, but no record. Let me know more specific Ringers, I know I have come across Conrad, and I will see what I can come up with.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions