Search for content in message boards

Connection between Prom/Promm of Sheboygan and Ozaukee Counties

Connection between Prom/Promm of Sheboygan and Ozaukee Counties

Posted: 17 Aug 2003 7:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Aug 2005 5:37PM GMT
Surnames: Prom, Krier, Binat, Toeckes, Decker, Hofman/Hoffmann
am wondering if anyone knows if there is or what the connection is between the Prom's of Sheboygan and Ozaukee Counties.

I am especially interested in an information linking Henry Frank Prom of Ozaukee Co. (son of Peter Prom (who is son of Heinrich Prom and Susanna Neuhengen) and Catherine Lorge) who married Josephine Krier - with - Henry Prom (Henricus Promm) of Sheboygan Co. (son of parents unknown but who married Mary Binat and Susan Katherine Toeckes). This last Henry also had a son Henry who married Susan Decker.

Too many Henry Prom's! Anyway, would appreciate any help.

Thanks, Methuria (PS Heinrich and Susan Prom are my gr gr grandparents by their son Johan/John Prom and Mary Hofman/Hoffmann.

Re: Connection between Prom/Promm of Sheboygan and Ozaukee Counties

Posted: 11 Mar 2004 9:20PM GMT
Surnames: prom; krier; lorge;
I did a search on my database and I do have a "Heinie Prom" who marrried Josephine Krier, but I know absolutely nothing else about him. However, I do have ancestral info for Josephine:

http://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/browse?userid=nikitangel&am...

The interesting thing is your mention of Catherine Lorge - Lorge is big name in my tree. I wonder if they're connected in another way. Do you have more info on Catherine's parents?

Methuria Ra*Shad (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2004 6:04AM GMT
Surnames: Prom, Neuhengen, Lorge, Burton
Heinie Prom is Henry Frank (Heinie) Prom, son of Peter Promme (Prom) who is the son of Heinrich D. Prom and Susanna Neuhengen. Peter married Catherine Lorge, who is the daughter of Nicholas Lorge and Catherine (Katie) Burton. I have more, my file/tree is still in the process of adding sources, although I do have name, marriage, dates, and children entered. I would be happy to share my file with you.

Melissa Link Grider (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2004 5:43AM GMT
Surnames: PROM, BINAT, SCHANEN, MALLINGER, GONNERING, GRUN GREEN ANTOINE
The Henry Prom you wrote about is my Great Uncle, one of the SONS of Stephan Prom (widower of Margaretha Scholl)....it's a very complicated story, but YES, we are related to the "other Proms", i.e., the Heinrich and Susannah Neuhengen Proms. Those Proms actually came over several years after my great grandpa, Mathias and his older brother, Nicholas did (Nic was here first in 1853--he later migrated to Manitowoc and then over to the Mankato area of MN); Mathias followed to USA in 1855--these two loriginally settled far eastern shore of town of Belgium, east of Lake Church in the far northeastern sector. Then, crica 1857 or so, their father, Stephan, came over with Heinrich and Susanna Neuhengen family. With Stephan at that time was his youngest son, Henry, who married the Binat (and who was divorced from her, later--Henry had some problems I heard, but ya never know), and Stephan also had with him, his daughter, Anna, who was either lost in New York or Chicago and never heard of/seen again.

I have the ship manifests to prove the 1857 claim that Stephan and his last two youngest children traveled with the other Proms from the Beovange area.

My entire maternal relation is all of these Lake Church names: Prom, Mallinger, Binat, Schanen, etc. My mother co-founded the Luxembourg Society of WI. If you are from my associated lineages, you'll find other associated families of ours in MN (be aware, the Heinrich/S. Neuhengen lineages ALSO go to MN). Carrie Schaefer from MN, myself and a few others have worked on this for years. You can thank Carrie for a lot of this info. We FINALLY know the truth! Stephan Prom, who died circal 1861 in Meemee township, Manitowoc County while living with his eldest son, Nicholas (who was married to Mary LaFontaine), was the ELDER ---either first cousin or more likely, half brother (if I remember right, from what Carrie Schafer found (Carrie is from the Heinrich/S. Neuhengen side), he was the much older half brother of Heinrich's?)--of the Heinrich Prom who married Susanna Neuhengen. I have both genealogies here at my home in Port Washington, WI.

My great grandpa, Mathias Prom, was married to: Margaretha BINAT (she was raised the daughter of Peter Binat, but according to Jean Ensch of Luxembourg, she was actually or biologically, his much younger half sister...but over in USA, she had always been treated as the daughter of Peter Binat and Johanna Schmit Gloden; this also made her, in real life, the "sister" of Johannes Gloden, child of Johanna's first marriage. (Johannes's first wife was: Franziska Grun, the daughter of Anna-Margaretha Binat and John Grun/Green...all are related in that far NE corner of Oz. Cty., believe me---there was a reason they all came and settled in the same few patches of land in essentially virgin territory.)

(I have this genealogy and others, too, such as peripheral Grun/Green and Romanesko affiliated genealogies)...anyway, my great grandparents: their eldest daughter, Anna Prom, married John Mallinger...I wear her wedding band as my own wedding band. My mother grew up just down the road from all of these people's initial homesteads. I drive up there often. Just a few years ago, my brother sold the last acre of immigrant PROM land, still in our family from the 1850's.

We are: "The Sauk Trail Road" Proms. That's how you tell the two families or lineages apart. My gr grandpa, Mathias Prom, who died in 1916, ALSO had a son, Peter (married Christina Roeser), a middle daugher, Catherine ("Ket"; had at least two odd marriages, one to a Feltes who ended up being a bigamist, and nother to a Henry Hirn which was annulled), and Mathias had a younger daughter Mary-Ann.....this girl ended up becoming my great grandmother, too! She became the second wife of Jacob Schanen of Lake Church, Town of Belgium, Ozaukee Cty, WI....Adolph Schanen was Jacob's son....Adolph married Catherine Mallinger, the daughter of Anna Prom Mallinger! So, Catherine's AUNT became her own husband's step-mother. MaryAnn was born in 1872, and I knew her very, very well....she died when I was a teenager in the 1960's.

So, my grandparents connecting me to all this are: Catherine and Adolph Schanen....their eldest daughter was my mother: Dorothy Virginia Schanen Link Simpson (married twice; her first husband, C. M. Link, is my father, now aged almost 95.)

Feel free to write: mgrider at wi.rr.com

Posted: 17 Oct 2012 7:49AM GMT
Melissa, trying to contact you...

Tim Gonnering

timgonnering@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions