Search for content in message boards

Motley, James and Ebba

Motley, James and Ebba

Posted: 25 Apr 2012 7:41PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Motley
I am trying to ascertain the burial location of a couple who, it appears, spent their entire lives in Ogema, Price County, Wisconsin. Here are their respective Find-A-Grave pages:

James - http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=87...

Ebba - http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=80...

If anyone can help me here, I would really appreciate it!! And if anyone has obits, and a death date for James, that would be super.

Tom Nelson, Kansas City, Mo.

Re: Motley, James and Ebba

Posted: 26 Apr 2012 3:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MOTLEY, HAMMAR
Motley graves are at Hillside Cemetery, Ogema, Price County, Wisconsin.
The Price County Genealogical Society transcribed tombstones in the year 2000. The following is from the transcription.
Surname, Forename, Birth, Death, Notes.
MOTLEY Alfhild H. 1891 1965 Daughter of HAMMAR;
MOTLEY Ebba W. 1899 1979 Mother;
MOTLEY Harland 1883 1959 Father;
MOTLEY Lewis E. 7 Mar 1924 3 Feb 1996 Tec 4, US Army, WWII.

These tombstones are toward the back of the cemetery, near the war memorial.

Posted: 28 Apr 2012 8:10PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Morley
Thank you so much for your rapid reply. It's nice when these message boards work so well. I have updated the respective Find A Grave pages with their burial location and have requested photos. Now I have to figure out just who this "Alfhild (Hammar) Motley" is and how she acquired the Motley surname. Maybe she married a brother of Harland? Sorry! Just thinking out loud here.

So thanks again, Tom

Posted: 2 May 2012 6:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MOTLEY, BARROWS
Correction: The tombstone transcription for Harland Motley from Cemetery Indexes of Price County has death date of 1959. This is an error. His death record (Price County, Wisconsin, Register of Deeds, 126 Cherry Street, Phillips, Wisconsin 54555, Deaths Vol. 17, Page 161) has the death date 10 May 1953. Death record information: Born 20 May 1883; lived in Ogema 38 years; married; a farmer; father is James; mother is L.Barrows; informant is Mr.[sic] Ebba Motley; COD is Coronary thrombosis for 1 year; buried 13 May 1953; Elmer Taylor, funeral director, Rib Lake, Wisconsin

Re: Motley, Harland and Ebba

Posted: 2 May 2012 9:08PM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: Motley, Barrows
Thanks for the great information. I have updated Harland's Find-A-Grave page. And, by the way, I did figure out who Alfhild Motley was. She was the wife - later ex-wife - of Harland's younger brother Howard. Here is her FAG page:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=89...

Thanks again, Tom
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions