Search for content in message boards

Baptism

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 12:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Powell
My gggg grandfather was David Powell and I have found him in the census's up until 1871 and then he passed away in 1875. In the census's he states he was born in Henllys, Monmouthshire, Wales but I can only find a baptism for a David Powell in Bettws mill St (cong) Newport father Howell Powell and a few siblings.
I've already tried to tie in the siblings and look for the birth place of Howell and his wife to no avail and ordered a death certicate for a Howell Powell in Aberystruth which is where David moved.
I don't know if I'm missing something.
I don't know where to go from here, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
deb

Re: Baptism

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 5:26PM GMT
Hi,
If you give more info.maybe someone MAY be able to help??

Regards

Sandra
Posted: 29 Apr 2013 9:25PM GMT
Hi, Sandra I have found baptisms for a Sarah Powell 1785, Abigale Powell 1787, Johnathan Powell 1788 Llancroyd Carmarthshire, David Powell (gggg grandfather) and Rees Powell 1793 all on freereg. Besides Johnathan they were all baptized in Bettws Mill St. (Cong) Newport with father Howell Powell. If I have the right baptism for David Powell why in all the census's is he saying he was born in Henllys. Then I've got the problem of Howell there seems to be so many of them. There is also a Charles Powell born c.1775 living in Henllys but I'm unsure of his birthplace, someone has changed Bausin to Bryngwyn in the 1851 census. I don't know if he could be an uncle or cousin of David's.
Deb
per page

Find a board about a specific topic