Search for content in message boards

CLARK/CLARKE--PLEASE read!

CLARK/CLARKE--PLEASE read!

Posted: 8 Aug 2002 4:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Aug 2003 2:09PM GMT
Ive been looking for my g-g-g grandfather's family for a while. Tonight I found a close match but it may also be the wrong family. My g-g-g grandfather was born in Eufala Alabama in abt 1853 in Barbour County. His name is James M. Clark. There were no Clarks in that county in 1860 so I searched nearby counties and found a questionable 7 year old James in Dale County and listed under his mom's household--her name was Matilda Clark. In 1870, I have no question that this same family appears in Coffee County, twp 5, r22, p. 480. If there is any way that someone is curious about my post I can send more info. I am still working to see if the above family is in the 1880 census for any AL county. Thank you for reading this. Hoping to solve this question

Re: CLARK/CLARKE--PLEASE read!

Posted: 24 Mar 2008 11:11PM GMT
Hello:
Have you found the info you were looking for on James Clark
B. 1853 Barbour County, Al.? I do know that many of the residence of Barbour County moved to Dale County. My G-G
Grandmother was a Clark.

Regards,
Pat in S.E. Alabama

Posted: 25 Mar 2008 2:54AM GMT
Pat in SE Alabama.
I am descended from James Russell Clark(e), born abt 1810 in Georgetown District of South Carolina. He settled in Barbour County Al, and married Dorcus Crocker in 1853 in Barbour County. They moved to Coffee County after 1870 and settled near the Pea River in The northern section. We believe that two cousins of James Russell, George Washington Clark and his brother Thomas Clark arrived from Marlboro County, SC on a wagon train in late Spring of 1823. They initially settled in Montgomery County in an area which became Lowndes County in 1831. They patented land in the 1830's in Dale County, Al before 1837 and lived between Elba and Dannelly's Crossroad, Both appear in the membership list for Bethany Primitive Baptist Church prior to 1837. I have additional information on all 3 of these Clark families. You can E-Mail me at aclark2@sc.rr.com. & I will share with you what I have. Art Clark

Posted: 12 Apr 2008 4:01PM GMT
Surnames: Hurst / Clark
I descend from Nancy Clark, all I know is that her mother was Native American Indian and her father was an Englishman named John.
Nancy Clark marrried Calvin Elijah Hurst they are my 3rd Great Grandparents.
Nancy was supposed to have been born in Sevier, Co. Tennessee in 1830's. Whether or not this is true I don't know because everytime I ask where I can find documentation I never hear from the people again. Please tell me you know of her I would be thrilled to know something about her after searching for 25 years.
I appreciate any and all help with this I would like to find out about her before I die. All my Hurst family are deceased except a 2 cousins who live in Idaho.
I will pay for information, this is important to me.
Thank you very much, LaVon in Oklahoma

Posted: 2 May 2008 7:01PM GMT
Surnames: Clark/Clark(e)
I have a lot of Info about the Clark(e) family/ my G/G/G/Grandfather was George Clark his wife (My G/G/G/Grandmother) was named Celia Ann Ryals... My G/G/ Grandmother was Celia Ann Clark and she married (My G/G/Grandfather Frank Gautney Gautney/ My G/Grandmother was Ida Mae Gautner she married J.J. Coon (My G/Grandfather).They resided in Coffee County and surrounding areas.I will be delighted to share what I have with anyone interested.

Posted: 2 May 2008 7:58PM GMT
Surnames: Clark/Donaldson/King
I am also descended from George Washington Clark and Celia Riles/Ryals. William George Clark, married Mary Ann (Margaret) King. Their daughter, Florence Alabama Clark is my grandmother. She married Joseph Oscar Donaldson in 1902. My mother, Myrtle (Pat) Donaldson, married my father, Oscar Carl Franklin of Bulloch County, Georgia in 1942 and I was born in 1945. I'd be happy to know if there is additional information about the King family or the Riles/Ryals family as I have little on any of those. I am willing to share Clark/Donaldson/King information.

Britt Franklin (Wanda's husband)
Columbia, MD

Posted: 3 May 2008 2:45PM GMT
Surnames: Wilkerson, Elmore, Jackson, Blair, Pierce, Rhodes, Clarkes, Rials, ect
I would love any information that you have on the Clarks, my fiance's 4th great grandfather was George Washington Clarke. Thank you and God Bless. You may e-mail me at sweetlittletina2000@yahoo.com.
Tina
per page

Find a board about a specific topic