Thomas Chaney & Sophia Campbell

Posted: 26 Jan 2011 8:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Chaney
I'm looking for info on Thomas Chaney & Sophia Campbell

Re: Thomas Chaney & Sophia Campbell

Posted: 26 Jan 2011 9:31PM GMT
Thomas G. Chaney and Sophia Campbell were married on 28 Jan 1834 in Pike Co KY. Their marriage bond listed his father as Greenbury Chaney, and hers as William Campbell. (SOURCE: Pike Co KY Marriage Bond File # 396) Sophia's mother's first name was Nancy (1860 Census), and some list her name in their trees as Nancy Margaret Woodward. I don't know if that name is correct or not as I haven't pursued that line at all.

1850 census lists the following children: Abner - 15, John - 13, Nancy E. - 10, Harvey G. - 6, Arminta - 4, and Thomas G. Jr. - 2.

1860 census lists the following children: Harvey G. - 17, Arminta - 14, Thomas G. Jr. - 12, Susan - 10, Charles N. - 8, Victoria - 5, and James J. - 5 months.

1870 census lists to following children: Charles N. - 15, Pricy V. - 13, James J. - 10, and Colbert - 6.

Posted: 27 Jan 2011 12:30AM GMT
thanks I have the same info just not sure if it was/is right. I also found the woodward name.do you have the marriage info that you listed if so wll you share it with me?

Posted: 27 Jan 2011 1:38AM GMT
This is an abstract of the bond, copied exactly as written on the bond, complete with misspellings, etc., from the book "Marriage Bonds of Pike County, Kentucky 1822 - 1865" by Clyde Runyon.

Pike Co KY Marriage Bond File # 396 -
License issued January 27, 1834 by John D. Mims clk for marriage of Thomas G. Chaney and Miss Sophia Campbell. Bond by Thomas G. Chaney and John Rains for marriage of Thomas G. Chaney and Miss Sophia Campbell. Letter of consent: " I am agreed that my daughter Sophia Campbell should mary Thomas G. Chaney"; dated January 23, 1834 signed by Wm. Campbell and attested by William A. Campbell and Richard Passons. Letter of consent, dated January 22, 1834: "I am agreed that my son Thomas G. Caney may marry Sophia Campbell"; signed by Greenbury Caney (by mark) and attested by William A. Campbell and William Conaway. "Thomas Chane & Sopphia Campbell" married January 28, 1834 by Wm. Tackitt M.g., who states: "given under my hand this 23rd day of February, 1834".
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions