Search for content in message boards

Sippnow Prussia

Sippnow Prussia

Posted: 25 Jul 2007 9:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Can anyone tell me what country the City of Sippnow Prussia resides in?... and what it's now called? I ahve Radke and Polzin immigrants from this town...

Re: Sippnow Prussia

Posted: 27 Jul 2007 8:07PM GMT
Could it be Sipnov? If so it is now in the Czech Republic

Posted: 28 Jul 2007 4:40PM GMT
Just a point on the other message. If you are sure it was Prussia it could not be Sipnov in the Czech Republic because that would have been the Austro-Hungarian Empire. If it was definitely in West Prussia it would very likely be in modern day Poland, if you just have "Prussia", remember Prussia was a very large area. If I have any other ideas I will follow up.

Posted: 28 Jul 2007 4:47PM GMT
It just came to me! I think what you are looking for is Zippnow - nowadays Sypniewo in Poland. Google Zippnow and you will find some history - in English if you do not speak German.

Posted: 1 Aug 2007 10:09PM GMT
very cool thanks... talk to you more about this later i hope...

Posted: 1 Aug 2007 10:10PM GMT
talk to all of you that is... i have family from here too...

Posted: 6 Aug 2007 4:03PM GMT
oh man... this makes more sense now... as I mentioned earlier this is a new branch of the family for me to study... and I have no experience in european research... and no one anywhere in the family speaks germanic languages... have some slavic experience though...

thank you BH...

Posted: 6 Aug 2007 5:40PM GMT
If there is anything else "Germanic" which puzzles you feel free to cotact me if you think I could help. Good luck!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic