Search for content in message boards

Surname: Viville, St Mary's Parish

Surname: Viville, St Mary's Parish

Posted: 14 May 2006 4:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Viville, Ovide, Francis, Lavigne
I'm looking for any information regarding any Vivilles. I had been looking in Orleans Parish because one of our ancestors Cedalise Ovide (Viville) lived in Orleans, however it appears they may have come from St Mary. I have found a Napoleon Bonaparte Viville and Camille Bonaparte Viville in the 1880 census records for St Mary. Thanks for any help or direction!

Re: Surname: Viville, St Mary's Parish

Anatole Millet (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2006 5:23PM GMT
Surnames: Viville-Bonaparte-Armelin Garrett- Millet
I have the 1880 census of St Mary's parish which has a Camille Bonaparte is he the same as Camille Bonaparte Viville. Camille Bonaparte is listed on page 46, district#163, St. Marys, first ward, 1880 census. Are they one and the same? Camille Bonaparte was justice of peace, wife name Lise, sons Leward, Joseph, Citeron and daughters Elionore and Louise. Please reply.

Posted: 21 Oct 2012 4:47AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Bonaparte
Hi,

Late to the party, but.... My step mother's family goes back to New Orleans and I believe there may be a connection to the persons named in this thread. According to our family history, Camille Bonaparte (a judge according to the info I have) had a brother named Vievile Bonaparte Jr. Also according to our family history, Camille Bonaparte's wife's name was Elise, and her maiden name was Fusilier. According to what I have, Camille and Vievile's father - also Vievile - was married to an Indian woman, name unknown. Based on the info I have, I do not think Vievile and Camille are one and the same person. Lastly, according to the info I have, Camille had a son named Don Romulus born 1886.

Posted: 21 Oct 2012 2:38PM GMT
Surnames: Viville, Francis
Interesting! My Viville, Vieville or Ovide or ??? was born about 1851, first name, Cedalise or Sidalise. I have birth records of her children born to her and Luc Francis and the spelling varies on each record. I'm still trying to find a birth or baptismal record for her to identify her parents, no luck yet.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic