Search for content in message boards

Nicholson--Walker Stokes Co.N.C.

Nicholson--Walker Stokes Co.N.C.

Randy Walker (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2001 1:16PM GMT
I am searching the Walker line and have run into a dead end. John Walker married a Mary Nicholson on 1808 in Stokes Co. I'm looking for anything that may help. Anything would be greatly apprieated.Please contact me at arwalker@twave.net

Re: Nicholson--Walker Stokes Co.N.C.

Posted: 18 Jul 2001 12:53AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jan 2002 5:23PM GMT
Dear Randy, I am also searching for a Sarah WALKER who married a NICHOLSON. She is the mother of my Wm. Green NICHOLSON, supposidly born in TX about 1885. I have NO family for Wm Green NICHOLSON.
Stories indicate that Sarah had a brother "Uncle BOB" and he lived in the Hill county of TX during the early 1900's. Brought my NICHOLSON family food from his farm. A story is told that Sarah and two daughters were killed on a wagon train going to CA. I have NO proof. Do I fit into your line?
LOMA

Posted: 18 Jul 2001 3:11AM GMT
As far as I know there is no connection, however I don't have any breakdown on the John Walker or Mary Nicholson descendants. That name Nicholson only appeared one time at the eary stage, so we might not want to rule ourselves out yet. Sarah Walker was a familiar name used often so we might want to stay in touch.

Posted: 28 Jul 2001 9:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Jan 2003 8:27PM GMT
Surnames: NICHOLSON & CLAMPETT
Randy, Your Mary NICHOLSON in Stokes County, North Carolina was an older sister to my gg-grandmother Rebecca NICHOLSON who married Mathias Masten CLAMPET.

Maybe a little history on my NICHOLSON families will help in your WALKER search as another sister married a WALKER also and I do not have his christian name.

John N. NICHOLSON was born May 9, 1757 in probably... perhaps... Princeton, New Jersey. He entered the Revolutionary War from the colony of New Jersey. After his service, he married Mary (Mc)COMB(S) about 1781. She died during the birth of their first child, James in 1781-2.

John married secondly to Catherine "Caty" STEPHENSON or STEVENSON in Somerset County, New Jersey October 24, 1785. Shortly thereafter they moved to Stokes County, North Carolina taking Mary's son James with them.

John and Caty had ten children before he died August 2, 1838 and Caty on June 9, 1843. Both are buried at the old QUAKER burial grounds Muddy Creek in marked graves near Kernesville in what today is Forsyth County, North Carolina.

James NICHOLSON married Mary ALLISON who was born November 9, 1792.

1. John NICHOLSON, Jr., born March 18, 1787 in Stokes, died in Iredell County, North Carolina on August 9, 1868. On July 7, 1811 he married Mary FULTZ, born November 27, 1788 in Stokes and died September 12, 1870 also Iredell.

2. Mary NICHOLSON, born September 19, 1788 in Stokes married your John WALKER.

3. Elizabeth NICHOLSON, born April 19, 1790 in Stokes, married Amasa BEESON.

4. Rebecca NICHOLSON, born April 19, 1792 in Stokes married my gg-grandfather Mathias Masten CLAMPETT. Rebecca died in 1880 (or 1862) in Texas County, Missouri. Mathias had died in 1837 Madison County, Alabama. Some of their grandchildren lived in Franklin County, Tennessee, Marshall County, Alabama before moving on to Miller County, Arkansas near Texarkana.

5. George NICHOLSON, born August 11, 1796 in Stokes, died as a child on July 23, 1802 in Stokes.

6. Moses NICHOLSON, born November 23, 1799 in Stokes, married January 15, 1822 to Windsey Anne BARNES from Rowan County, North Carolina.

7. Anderson NICHOLSON, born November 22, 1801 in Stokes, died May 30, 1879. He married Grace NICHOLSON, daughter of Moses P. NICHOLSON (I do not know if this was same as #6 above) ~ their son, Moses P. Jr. born April 10, 1830 married Mary E. GAMBLE. Anderson married secondly to Mary HUTCHINS who died at the age of 80 on August 28, 1910.

8. Catherine NICHOLSON, born June 16, 1804 married a WALKER... any chance you might know who he was?

9. Phoebe NICHOLSON, born November 13, 1806 in Stokes.

10. Hannah NICHOLSON, born September 10, 1811 in Stokes, married John IDOL or IDLE from Guilford County, North Carolina.

I have the children of John Nicholson, Jr. and Mary FULTZ... it appears James moved to Hawkins County, Tennessee. Rebecca to Iredell County, North Carolina she died at Nicholson's Mill. Their son George W. also died in Iredell; Eliza S. died in Yadkin County, N.C.... married Jonathon FLEMING. Martin, another son, married Mary Augusta PARKS and they died in Iredell also. Mary Ann, another daughter married William BENBOW of Gilford County and moved to Denver, Colorado. Sarah born in 1824 Iredell, died in Wilkes County... she married William White in 1858. William Willard NICHOLSON, born June 21, 1827 Iredale; died November 1, 1865 in Connerville, Indiana. Married December 16, 1852 to Martha Ellen HENDRICKS born October 31, 1825 and died June 1, 1905 in Orlando, Florida.

Posted: 29 Jul 2001 3:28AM GMT
Thank-you- Annie for responding. I have some questions that I would like to ask you. Will you e-mail me direct at arwalker@twave.net with your return e-mail address

Best Regards

Posted: 14 Feb 2014 9:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nicholson, Harris
I have a Catherine Nicholson who married a John Harris. I know they lived in Wilkes County, NC for at least a while. I think they probably died there, but I'm not sure where they were born or where they were married. Catherine Nicholson was born around 1808. John Harris was born around 1806. They had several children that lived in Wilkes County, NC. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic