Search for content in message boards

John & Mary Wooten (OH, WV)

John & Mary Wooten (OH, WV)

Tina Hursh (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WOOTEN
I recently found some tidbits on my Wooten line and am hoping that someone may be able to fill in the blanks. Mary _?_ married John WOOTEN abt. 1820. They had at least one child, Abram Wooten b. Feb. 1826 in Gallia county, OH. It is said that Mary and John had 6 children. Nancy may have been married first to John's brother Thomas WOOTEN. She and Thomas are said to have had two children: Littleton & Marshall. John WOOTEN was b. 1775 d. 1859. I have no dates for Thomas WOOTEN or any of the other children. It has also been told to me that Marshall and Littleton have biographies in Hardesty's History of Mason county, WVA. When did the family move to WV? Where was the family before it moved to Gallia county in the 1820's? What happened to Mary's first husband? Who were her other children? Who were the parents of Thomas and John?

Re: John & Mary Wooten (OH, WV)

Posted: 6 Oct 2009 7:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wooten,graley.ward,jumper
My great great great great grandfather was Thomas Wooten...he was never married to a nancy wooten. He was married to a Harriet first, Then to and Isabella, then he met my 4th great grandmother and had my great great great grandpa Marshall Wooten b.1812, Littleton b.1810, and a Matilda b.18??. Marshall wooten moved to Mason county wv...then to putnam county where my great great grandfather was born James Marshall Wooten who resided in Kanawha county.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions