Search for content in message boards

Hopper Family Information sought

Hopper Family Information sought

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 1:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandfather Ivan Hopper was born in WI 13 Sep 1915 and died Nov 1955. He was married to Adeline. They had children named Ivan Allen, Dale and Patrica. I am looking for information on his mother and father and any other information I can aquire on my family. Thank You!

Ivan HOPPER

Posted: 25 Nov 2008 8:17PM GMT
Online free database of the 1930 Census, Sauk Co., WI (households not shown on the database, entries in this order) HOPPER

Everett M., 19; Elizabeth, 75; Mary, 75
Charles, 45; Florence D., 45; Vada M., 17; Ivan H., 14; David S., 8; Martha A., 6.

Sauk Co., 1920 (households not shown), HOPPER
William C., 75; Elizabeth A., 65
Charles, 35; Florence, 34; Olive, 11; Everett M., 9; Vadama, 6; Soon {sic, Ivan}, 4; David, 1.

Sauk Co., 1910 (households not shown), HOPPER
William, 65; Elizabeth, 56
David, 54; Martha J., 41; Eva, 23
Charles H., 25; Flerenas I. {Florence}, 25; Olive J., 2.

Washington, Sauk Co., WI, 1900, HOPPER
William, b. Nov. 1845, OH PA PA, m. 30 years
Wf. Betsey, b. Feb. 1852, WI PA OH, had 3 ch., 2 living
Dau. & son-in-law, Ella TURKINGTON, b. Nov. 1872, WI, one child, living, & George E. TURKINGTON, b. Feb. 1872, WI, married less than a year.
Grandson Archie SEAMANS, b. Dec. 1894, WI.

FamilySearch.org: William C. HOPPER (2 Nov. 1844, Morrow Co., OH - 11 Oct. 1929) m. 1 Jan. 1871, Ironto, Sauk, WI, Elizabeth HINEMAN. William C. was son of John HOPPER, b. 1816+, PA, & Jane, b. ca. 1818+, PA. John HOPPER was son of Wm. HOPPER & Elizabeth FAULK.

USGenWeb > WI > Sauk > History: John HOPPER & his wife Jane E. KIRKPATRIC, settlers in Sauk Co., 1855, had previously resided in Ohio, and their son W. C., was born there.

Sauk Co., WI, 1880,
Washington T., HOPPER: John, 62, PA ME PA; wf. Jane E., 62, PA PA PA; dau. Mary M., 22, WI.
Baraboo, HOPPER: David, 25, OH PA PA; wf. Martha, 21, WI NY NY; son Jas. Roy, 6 mos., WI. Other, Inez McDONALD, 9, WI.

Washington, Sauk Co., WI, 1870, HOPPER, John, 52; Jane, 50; William, 23; David, 16; Mary, 13.

Loganville P. O., Washington Twp., Sauk Co., WI, 1860, HOPPER, John, 40; Jaque {Jane}, 40; William, 14; Joseph, 13; Johanna, 10; David, 7; Mary, 3.

Andrew P. O., Morrow Co., OH, 1860, HOPPER, William, 85; Elizabeth, 69; Lucy Ann, 30 {sic}.
Cardington P. O., HOPPER: William A., 22; Hannah, 21.

HOPPER: John, 31, & Jane, 31, Morrow Co., OH, 1850. [First names are indexed, so families aren't clear.]

Wm. HOPPER (ca. 1780 [Censuses show 1775/86.] - 1868, OH) & Eliz. FAULK, b. 179_, had Abraham, John, Lucinda Ann (182_), Elias (1826), Wm. A. (1828), Hester "Hetty" (1830), & Elizabeth (1832) --approximate birth years. Microfilm of the actual 1850 census, Morrow Co., OH, would show more.

Social Security Death Index, online, can give you birth and death dates for more recent people and help you find obituaries. If you have a place and an exact date of death, you can Google RAOGK and find a volunteer to check for an obituary.

--not my family

Re: Hopper Family Information sought

Posted: 26 Nov 2008 7:56AM GMT
I am not related. Beloit is in Rock County, Wisconsin. Have you checked for a marriage record for Ivan and Adeline in Rock County? Dale and Ivan Jr.s SSN were issued in Delaware, in 1955-1957, and 1959-1960. Ivan Jr. graduated from high school in Georgetown. I am assuming that it was in Delaware?. Georgetown, Delaware is in Sussex County. Maybe Ivan Sr. died there? Hope this helps.

Ruth Pokorny
---------------
United States Obituary Collection

Name of Deceased: Ivan Allen "AL Hopper
Age at Death: 61
Birth Date: 2 Dec 1945
Death Date: 14 Oct 2007
Newspaper Title: Daily Times, The
Newspaper Location: Salisbury, MD, Us
Obituary Publication Date: 28 Oct 2007

Ivan Allen Hopper

SALISBURY -- Ivan Allen "Al" Hopper, 61, of Salisbury died Sunday, Oct. 14, 2007, at Coastal Hospice at the Lake, when his body finally wore out from all the surgeries and terrible effects of Cushing's disease, from which he had suffered for many years.

Mr. Hopper was born in Beloit, Wis., on Dec. 2, 1945, and moved to the Eastern Shore at a very early age. He graduated from high school in Georgetown, attended the University of Delaware for two years and then entered the U.S. Navy, where he served for six years. After his honorable discharge, he came to Salisbury to reside with his sister, Patricia Dize Petrea, in Newtown. After their mother, Adeline Hopper, moved to Salisbury, he resided with her, and eventually both lived in and served as caretakers of Poplar Hill Mansion for the city of Salisbury for several years. After leaving the mansion, Mr. Hopper and his mother continued living in Newtown while they bought and sold old items and antiques.

ADVERTISEMENT

Mr. Hopper was a well-known figure, walking his little dog throughout Newtown and at many yard sales. He was a people person and had many friends in Newtown and those he met at yard sales. Although he moved from Newtown two years prior to his death, he always considered Newtown his real home.

Mr. Hopper was preceded in death by his mother, Adeline F. Hopper; his father, Ivan H. Hopper; and a brother, Dale C. Hopper.

Mr. Hopper is survived by his sisters, Patricia Dize Petrea of Salisbury and Judith Cecil; a brother, William I. Hopper of Greenwood; nieces and nephews, Catherine S. Jarman of Willards, Christine A. Williams of Fruitland, Gretchen D. Ardis of Salisbury, Katrina Huebner of Dover, Robert A. Dize of Salisbury, William M. Dize of Hebron, Timothy Hopper of Bridgeville, David Hopper of Georgetown, Mike Andrews of Florida; and his sister, Cheryl.

Although Mr. Hopper never had any children, his nieces and nephews have many fond memories of good times shared with "Uncle Allen."

Mr. Hopper donated his body for medical science and education. His ashes will be buried at the Veterans Cemetery in Hurlock, where a memorial service will be held at a later date.

Contributions may be made to Coastal Hospice at the Lake, 351 Deer's Head Road, Salisbury, Md. 21801.

Originally published October 28, 2007
---------------
Social Security Death Index

Name: Adeline F. Hopper
SSN: 396-12-7862
Last Residence: 21801 Salisbury, Wicomico, Maryland, United States of America
Born: 26 Jun 1918
Died: 27 Feb 2001
State (Year) SSN issued: Wisconsin (Before 1951)

Name: Dale C. Hopper
SSN: 222-24-5884
Last Residence: 21801 Salisbury, Wicomico, Maryland, United States of America
Born: 6 May 1941
Died: 2 Nov 2002
State (Year) SSN issued: Delaware (1955-1957)

Name: Ivan A. Hopper
SSN: 221-28-8032
Last Residence: 21801 Salisbury, Wicomico, Maryland
Born: 2 Dec 1945
Died: 14 Oct 2007
State (Year) SSN issued: Delaware (1959-1960)

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 2:35AM GMT
ivan and adeline would have been my great grandparents .patricia ann dize petrea their daughter was my fathers birth mother that he hasn't seen in 40+ years because she gave him up at a young age to my grandfather patricia's first husband.i just found this post and talking to my grandfather got my curiosity up and met my fathers birth mother which would be my grandmother for the first time today 1/26/13

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 2:50AM GMT
Is your father's name Wayne? Patrica is my aunt. She is my father's sister

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 11:12PM GMT
yes wayne edward dennis

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 11:27PM GMT
I hope the meeting went well!! I am here if you wanna talk :)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions