Search for content in message boards

Rockey

Posted: 13 Aug 2013 10:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rockey
I have just recently begun researching my husbands family tree. I am looking for information on Frederick William Rockey born 1859 Lifton, Devon, England ? died 1906. he was married to Ellen Mary Anne born 1861. I would love to hear from you if you have any information at all and I will gladly share what I know.
Thanks for your time
Gwen

Re: Rockey

Posted: 14 Aug 2013 5:49AM GMT
Hi,
So that people do not duplicate your info. perhaps you could be more specific with the info. you require?

Regards

Sandra
Posted: 14 Aug 2013 10:24AM GMT
The information I am looking for would be for his/her parents, what they did for a living or anything interesting. I know who their children where, as well as their grandchildren. All I really have is names, some birth/death dates and the general area they lived.

Thanks again for any/all help, have a great day
Gwen

Re: Rockey

Posted: 17 Aug 2013 6:32AM GMT
Hi,
Birth reg.

George Alfred Rockey

Yeovil 5c 428 Sep.Qtr 1889

Obtaining the above from the GRO would give you the mothers maiden name as there does not appear to be a marriage for the parents in Englabd abd Wales.

Regards

Sandra
Posted: 17 Aug 2013 12:47PM GMT
I found this in the Bath Chronicle & weekly Gazette 8th Nov 1906

ACCIDENT NEAR LANGPORT A shockine accident, resulting in the death one man and serious injury to another, occurred on the new main line made by the G.W.R. between Castle Cary and Langpart, on Monday aftenoon Messrs. Iveay and Co., Ltd., Birmingham ' bridge-builders, are erecting the last bridle on'the line at Curry level crossing, Langnort and number of men were engaged in Kin? the girders railway truck with the aid of "jacks. One girder had been succsesfally placed the truck, and the other was proves of removal, when the jacks gave way and caused the girder Two men, named "Frederick Rockey and John Lever, were stoop- in a line with the girder at the time, and shouted to by their comrades, but this warning proved fatal, on standing up, the two men were caught between the swinging SrdeTand the one the truck Rockey had lis W crushed, and died immediately, while his companion was caught lower down, and received terrible injuries to his chest and back. H« conveyed to Taunton Hospital a precarious condition. Rockey, who was aged 49, to Aller, near and has left family- Dever belongs to Birmingham.
Posted: 17 Aug 2013 1:59PM GMT
There is a Jane A Rockey birth on this website -says Mothers maiden name is Weston- Might be worth following up

http://ww3.gloucestershire.gov.uk/bmd/SimpleSearch.aspx
Posted: 18 Aug 2013 10:32PM GMT
Thank you very much for all of the information!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions