Search for content in message boards

Charles (J.?) Fox

Charles (J.?) Fox

Posted: 3 Sep 2008 2:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fox
Looking for information (parents' names, etc.) for Charles Fox who married Emma S. Sibley and had a son named Newton Lovell Fox who married Sarah Catherine Cassady and had a son named Marion Thomas Fox. I am the ggg-grandaughter of Charles Fox.
Thanks!
southpaw@look.ca

Re: Charles (J.?) Fox

Posted: 11 Feb 2009 9:42PM GMT
Surnames: Fox, Smith, Keel, Sibley, Houchin.
Charles James Fox died in June 1903, Edmonson County, Ky. His first wife was Emma Sibley , who died in 1882. Charles is my gr-grandfather through his son, Eugene Bacon Fox. What info are you looking for?

Posted: 16 Aug 2010 2:28PM GMT
Surnames: Fox, Sibley, Girard
Hi Thelma,

I am the person who originally posted the first message (southpaw192), but had to sign up for a new account as I couldn't recall my password and my email provider had changed.

Thank you for the information and sorry it took so long for me to respond.

I am researching my grandmother's side of her family tree and ran out of leads once I reached Charles James Fox and Emma Sibley. Charles James Fox's grandson, Marion T. Fox is the father of my paternal grandmother.

I would be quite interested in learning more about the Fox and Sibley ancestors. I did not realize that Charles James Fox was married twice and had other children.

I also wondered if the name Fox is of English or Irish descent.

I'd be happy to share any info (GEDCOM file, etc.) that I have with you if you are interested.

Thanks,

Emily

Posted: 16 Aug 2010 4:44PM GMT
Is your relative related to Marion Crump Fox? If so, I am related to his brother Eugene Bacon Fox. I have been to Charles James Fox and Marion Crump's graves in Edmonson Co, Ky. By the way, Charles was married three times. I also have been working with Marion's great- granddaughter.
I would love to share if this is info you can use.

Posted: 22 Aug 2010 10:31PM GMT
Hi there,

After reviewing my family tree again, it appears that there may be an uncertainty about the relative Sarah Catherine Cassady -- the name might actually be Elizabeth C. Cassady. This might explain why the Marion in my tree is Marion Thomas Fox (buried in Tarrant Co., TX), rather than Marion Crump Fox.

Sorry for any confusion.

Posted: 22 Aug 2010 11:43PM GMT
Marion Thomas Fox is a son of Newton Lovell Fox, if I am correct. Marion Crump Fox was a brother to Newton thereby making Marion Crump an uncle to Marion Thomas. Siblings I show for Marion Thomas are Claude, Belle, Myrtle, Willie, Ishmeal and I think another sister who died as a young girl.

Posted: 22 Aug 2010 11:49PM GMT
So perhaps I am on the right track. :) I don't have much info Newton, didn't realize he had a brother also named Marion.

I would like to learn more about this Fox line and their origins.

The Marion in my line married Florence Thelma Digmun and had one child (Doris Louise Fox, my grandmother). Marion died on Nov. 28, 1985. ...My grandmother had noted the following on a piece of paper (which I'm assuming are the children of Newton Lovell Fox and Sarah Catherine Cassady):

Claude - Mar. 9, 1889 (Age in 1967: 78)
Belle - July 9, 1895 (Age in 1967: 72)
Willie - Dec. 31, 1896 (Age in 1967: 71)
Myrtle - Apr. 4, 1900 (Age in 1967: 67)
Marion - May 20, 1901 (Age in 1967: 66)

On another piece of paper, my grandmother had written the following below the title of "Cousins":

Ross Jr.
Earlyne
Charles
Marcus
Patsy
Lenda
Glenda
Joyce
Dorothy
---------------
Ismy
Billie
Dot
Ethel
Wanda
Johnny
Buba
Sis
Tommy
Valerie
Sarah

According to the documents I have, Marion tried to enlist in the military but was one year too young. At the time, his parents were deceased and his brother Claude had signed for him.

I would love to hear from anyone who might have more info about any of these individuals.

Thanks

Posted: 23 Aug 2010 12:19AM GMT
I can identify the last set of "cousins" you have listed, but not the first set. Perhaps the first set refers to Florence's cousins. The second set would be cousins of Marion Thomas.

Ismy Belle, Billie Ruth, Dorothy Marie, Wanda, and Ethel Mae are the children of Willie Fox (a female) and Miles Ridinger. My notes show Dorothy Marie went by the name of Dot.

Valerie and Sarah are the children of Claude Fox and Jessie Pearson. Valerie married golf professional Ben Hogan.

Johnny is the son of Belle Fox and John Choate.

Jimmy, Dorothy, and Tommy are children of Myrtle Fox and James Smith. These children are probably Bubba, Sis and Tommy.

I would love to have a copy of the document Claude signed to get Marion into the military. Would you be willing to share that?

Mary

Posted: 23 Aug 2010 12:22AM GMT
I am sorry, but I made a mistake on that last posting. The second set would be cousins to Doris on Marion Thomas' side of the family. The first set is probably Doris' cousins on her mothers side of the family.

Posted: 23 Aug 2010 12:32AM GMT
Newton Fox was my great uncle. His brother Eugene Bacon was my grandfather. Newton's wife died about 1910 in Texas and Newton died in Dallas on 15 Mar 1917 and his death certificate says he was sent to Honey Grove, Tx for burial. He fell and died while laying a wall for his job. I have the same children plus his youngest, Ismael, b-10 Dec 1904 and d- 17 Oct 1914. I found the info on Ismael at the Dallas City Library in 2006. I have not found them in any cemetery in Honey Grove (where they were living) so I think they are buried on what was there family home place.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions