Search for content in message boards

query

query

Jo McDonough (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McDonough, McDonagh
Looking for information about Martin McDonough who was born in County Sligo around 1809. He immigrated to Canada and married there in 1839. His parents' names are Dudley McDonough and Mary Ann Dowd (or O'Dowd. I have a lot of information about his descendants but would like to find the parish or townland from where he originated in County Sligo. I do not know if Martin had any brothers or sisters or why he immigrated to Canada.

McDonough/McDonagh

Heather Bree (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Mary Ann McDonagh, daughter of Lawrence McDonagh and
Ann McDermott, Toberscanavan, Co. Sligo,
married James Bree 12 November 1862, Collooney. Does this help?

Re: McDonough/McDonagh

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 2:17PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: McDonagh/McDonough
Looking at the original message regarding the marriage of Mary Ann McDonagh, daughter of Lawrence McDonagh and Ann McDermott to James Bree, Nov. 1862, Collooney. I was wondering if this Lawrence McDonagh is any relation to my Great Great Grandfather Lawrence McDonough who married Margaret Stapleton on 25th April 1853 in Riverstown. The witnesses here are Patrick Bree and Catherine Brennan, so we both have Bree/McDonagh/McDonough. The daughter of this couple Eliza married Michael McDonagh, (Blacksmith), Tubberbride, Collooney. Another son Laurence was Schoolmaster at Ballisodare. Four daughters emigrated to America in the 1880's and have many descendants living there today.- my email: marytflanagan@eircom.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions