James B. McKain

Posted: 1 Oct 2013 2:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McKain
Died Dec 23, 1947,buried at South Park Cemetery
Roswell
Chaves County
New Mexico, USA
per find a Grave...looking for an obituary for him.
Can anyone due an obituary look up for me? Would appreciate. Thanks

Re: James B. McKain

Posted: 4 Oct 2013 11:23PM GMT
Monday
December 22, 1947
Roswell Daily Record
Page 8

JAMES B. MCKAIN DIES

James B. McKain, 60, a resident of Roswell since 1923, died at 3:30 a.m. today, following an illness of three years duration.

Mr. McKain was born in Fairview, West Virgina, August 2, 1978. In 1923 he and Mrs,. McKain moved to Roswell and had lived here ever since.

Mr. McKain has been engaged in the oil business for many years and, after moving to Roswell, opened an oil drilling tool shop, specializing in oil drilling equipment.

He is survived by his wife and one sister, Mrs. Louise Greed of Fairview, West Virginia.

Funeral services will be tomorrow morning at 10 from the Ballard Chapel with the Rev. Joseph Harvey, pastor of the Episcopal church conducting the service. Interment will be made in South Park Cemetery.

RePLY>>> James B. McKain

Posted: 5 Oct 2013 12:29AM GMT
Surnames: James B. McKain
Mary..Can't thank you enough for this obituary..and yes, this is our James! Excited..you made my day! You are a true genealogist! I do the same, here, retiring in SC...it's soooo rewarding helping others.
If you should need something in Myrtle Beach area for your ancestors, don't hesitate to let me know.
Again MANY THANKS...we've been looking for this guy for sometime!! Lois

Re: RePLY>>> James B. McKain

Posted: 5 Oct 2013 3:33PM GMT
You are very welcome!! I love helping people, makes the heart feel glad when you do.

I am waiting on my photo buddy to have a day off (he is always out taking pics of bugs, birds, creatures, critters, varmints) so that we can go out and take the headstone photo for you. Hopefully, Sunday or Monday, I am keeping my fingers crossed :)

Did you ever find his wife? There are no other McKain's at South Park.

Have a great day

Posted: 5 Oct 2013 5:38PM GMT
WOW-that would be GREAT if you could get his tombstone photo! Didn't know if you were near by.
Yes, his wife(strange not mentioned by name in his obit,only his sister) went back to WV,living,we think,with Jas' sister,Louise, Mazelle dieing abt. 4 yrs later and buried there! She was Jas. 3rd wife!

James was the "black sheep" of the family, per cousin. He had a J.B.McKain Fishing Tool Oil Sup.Company in Roswell,also,had tried tracing to see how long there,since during depression.
Could you recommend a website for Roswell,NM company histories..I tried googling it in and the 1947 UFO incident always comes up!! That,too,was interesting..got side-tracked!!

207 E 2nd 7 e N Atkison av-- was address in 1931,by 1935-ns E 2nd 10 e Atkison ave,under J.B.McKain Co.,Inc.
Again a BIG THANK YOU..Lois

Posted: 19 Oct 2013 2:07PM GMT
Looked this up while at the library:

Nothing in the 1924 city directory; no 1925 city directory

1926 - J. B. McKain Fishing Tool - 209 E. 2nd. They lived at 718 N. Main There was also a Samuel J. McKain listed as foreman of J. B. McKain Fishing Took. He roomed at 214. E. 5th

1928 - J. B. McKain Fishing Too - 209 E. 2nd. They lived at 718 N. Main

1930 J. McKain Co., Inc. - 209 E. 2nd

1931-1932 book - J. B. McKain Co., Ic. - 207 E. 2nd home at E. 2nd and N. Atkinson

1933-1934 book - J.. B. McKain Co., Inc. - 207 E. 2nd and home at E. 2nd & N. Atkinson.

1936-1936 book - J. B. McKain Co., Inc. - E. 2nd & N. Atkisnon

1937-1938 book - J. B. McKain Co., Inc. K. B. was President and Mrs. M. E. McKain was Secretary-Treasurer. Residence and business loated at E. 2nd and N. Atkinson

That was all I found :)

Posted: 20 Oct 2013 1:35AM GMT
THANKS sooo much Mary, really appreciate all your help. If you need something in eastern SC,let me know! Lois
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions