Search for content in message boards

Cemeteries in Obion

Cemeteries in Obion

Posted: 12 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Jul 2002 12:15AM GMT
Surnames: McMurtry
I'm attempting to find the names of older cemeteries in the Obion County area. My grandfather is supposedly buried in one of them. He died in either 1922 or 1923 in Gadsden, TN - Crockett Cty. Do the older cemeteries have records and, if so, who keeps them. My grandfather's name was Benjamin McMurtry.
Thank you for any help.

Cemeteries of Obion County

Posted: 6 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2001 11:48PM GMT
Barbara, if you go to WWW.rootsweb.com/tnobion and select cemeteries you may find something. I have the two volumes of the Cemeteries of Obion County but when I looked for the name McMurtry I couldn't locate it. If there are other names you would like me to look up just give me the names and cemetry.
Mary

Cemetery listing

Posted: 12 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2001 11:48PM GMT
Hi Jack, I checked both my cemetery books and didn't find a Lily Gammons. There are several Gammons listed but now Lily, sorry. The last volume I have is dated 1990 I'm not sure if it is the last vol. published or not.
Mary

Lily Gammons

Jack Stokes (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: GAMMONS, TROSPER
I'm looking for the Charles Gammons Clan. Charles married Lily Trosper? Their children were, Ernest(Cheese),John, Lois, Elsie. Lily died in 1915 and is buried in Obion,Co. Charles married Cora ?, Charles died in 1945 and is buried in Portageville, Mo. If anyone has any information on my Gpa.& Gma.Iwould appreciate any help at all. Thank You In Advance. Jack Stokes

Obion Co. Cemetery Listings

Janice Carver (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Anyone looking for the burial places of their ancestors should be aware that the published cemetery listings books of Obion Co. does NOT cover the entire county. If you think your relative might have been in the southern part of Obion Co. you will not find them in the books. The books covering that part of the county have not been published as yet. So don't give up if you don't find them in the books.

Lily Gammons

Jack Stokes (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: GAMMONS, TROSPER
Hi Dotti,
I've have just started my search for my Grandparents and I would be happy for any help I can get From Obion County or any other county also. For the only thing I have to go on is a name and a few dates.Thanking you very much.
Jack.

Records, Obions, Rose Hill Cemetary.

Jerry Dalton Shelby (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: SHELBY
I am looking for imformation from any cemetary records (if they exist) of my grandfather Willard Herman Shelby which is buried in Obion's "Rose Hill Cemetary". He is buried next to his wife Josie Pearlie Weeks Shelby (also along side of my father Agle Dalton Shelby). I am trying to locate my great grandfather whom I believe to be "John Bee Shelby". If any one has any imformation that may help me, please e-mail a reply back. I thank you in advance for your help.

TROSPER - Gammons

Posted: 19 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 2:59AM GMT
Surnames: TROSPER
Jack, Would you please contact me at txfischers@aol concerning your TROSPER line. I have some information on Trosper's that were in Obion County, TN
Thanks. Debra

E-mail change update:

Posted: 2 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Apr 2005 5:21PM GMT
Surnames: Shelby
I am looking for my great grand father, John B. Shelby and my great grand mother Miami Frances (Tatum) Shelby whom I believe to be buried somewhere in Obion County. They all lived at one time near Rives. My grand father Willard Herman Shelby, grand mother Josie Pearlie (Weeks) Shelby and my father Agle Dalton Shelby are buried at Rose Hill Cemetary. If you can help me with any information please reply to my cuurent e-mail address. This is an update to my earlier message in July 2000 with a my new e-mail address: jd68bap@aol.com. Thank you in advance for your help.

Trosper information

Gail Tyler (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Trosper
If you have received any information on Trosper, I would like to see it. I have just begun my search on the name.
My Grandfather lived in and around Lauderdale County TN.
Thanks, Gail
per page

Find a board about a specific topic