Search for content in message boards

Schnur Brothers Vanished

Schnur Brothers Vanished

Posted: 8 Oct 2012 11:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SCHNUR
Henry Adam Schnur b, 1872 Milwaukee and William Frank Schnur b. 1874 Park Falls-Lake WI BOTH left Wisconsin went to Minnesota and worked at a saw mill in Hennepin Co. William married Ester Christianson in 1908 after 1910 the all vanished. I can not find any of them NEED HELP any information would be greatly appreciated THANK YOU, Ken Schnur

Re: Schnur Brothers Vanished

Posted: 9 Oct 2012 2:09PM GMT
Surnames: SCHNUR
Hello Ken,
This isn't a Schnur brother, but did you know that Katherine Schnur taught at Martin's Mill School in 1902 - 1903? The school is in Price County, Wisconsin, near Catawba.

Posted: 9 Oct 2012 2:17PM GMT
Have you tried the Minnesota death index online? Did they move with the timber to Oregon or Washington state? Many from this area did.

Posted: 9 Oct 2012 8:29PM GMT
Hello, YES I did check the Minnesota Death index and the only family member was there brother Frank BUT I did not know about Oregon and Washington THANK YOU THANK YOU for the answer back. Blessings, Ken Schnur

Posted: 9 Oct 2012 8:50PM GMT
Thank You again, I would love to know how you know all this information on Katherine, Henry and William's grandmother was Katharine lived with her husband Johann Dieter in Milwaukee Dieter died about 1858 and she stayed there until she died in 1893 and was buried in Union Cemetery in Butternut Ashland Co. just across the line from Price Co. were her Son Adam's (William and Frank's father) farm was so I think that it could be another Schnur family, however I would like to follow up on it. I have tied in a lot of the Schnur family's but have a lot to learn. I never realized how many people have the same names until I started looking for my family,WELL THANKS AGAIN, Ken Schnur kensch777@yahoo.com

Posted: 9 Oct 2012 9:01PM GMT
Hello, I'm SORRY Katharine was Katharine Alice Schnur William and Franks sister it just dawned on me she taught School but I did not know where. Are you a relative or can I help you with any information? Ken Schnur

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 12:19AM GMT
I am not related just trying to help, alittle food for thought here,and may be worth checking out
checking on familysearch.org I did find a F. William Schnore in Charles Mix South Dakota 1920 census listed as a widow born 1874
and I also found a William Schnor in the 1916 Saskatchewan Canada census age 43 born 1873 came to Canada in 1910....again just thought this may be something to check into.

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 12:50AM GMT
Surnames: Schnur
I'm not a relative, I helped you find Schnur information in 2006 - 2007. I searched my computer for your surname to find what had been sent to you and came up with a history of Martin Mill school that was used in a Price County Genealogical Society Newsletter. Katherine's name was listed as a teacher. If you are interested in the article, I could send it to you via e-mail. Is your address still kensch777@yahoo.com?
Karen Baumgartner, Chairperson PCGS

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 2:13AM GMT
Hello Karen, YES HELLO I SURE DO REMEMBER YOU. HOW ARE YOU ? Yes I would Love a copy of the letter THANK YOU, Ken

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 2:25AM GMT
OK will do !!!! and Karen I now have a bucket list, Just had a cancer operation, doing well know more next month after blood test and if you pray and you have any extras...save one for me, I love the Lord and he knows me. THANKS AGAIN, Ken
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions