Search for content in message boards

Walsh Family from Aclare, County Sligo

Walsh Family from Aclare, County Sligo

Posted: 14 Mar 2011 1:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WALSH LUNDY
I am researching the John and Kate Walsh family from Aclare, County Sligo. Their daughter, Delia, left Ireland with her two brothers James and Michael for the U.S. abt. 1907. In the 1901 census they are living in Aclare with their parents and numerous siblings. According to Delia's records, her mother was Kate Lundy.

Re: Walsh Family from Aclare, County Sligo

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 4:02AM GMT
Surnames: Walsh, Lundy
I'm not related this this family (but my family comes from this general area)..There are a couple distant walshes in my tree, but it was a common name..

But if you want i could do some lookups for the baptism records. Don't know what kind of information you are looking for...

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 11:08AM GMT
That would be awesome!

I am looking for the baptismal certificates for John and Kate's children. My great grandmother's name was Delia and her death certificate listed her birth at Nov. 1885. However, in the 1901 census there are no Delia's listed as children. I am thinking that her real name was Mary? Or Bridget?

Thanks so much for this offer! Are you planning to look at FHL film? Or are you in Sligo? I do have the ability to order films from the FHL, but I wasn't sure what film to order.

Thanks again!

Posted: 18 Mar 2011 12:59AM GMT
Surnames: Lundy, Walsh
The film that you want is 1279321

Given the ages of their children, they will cross multiple items.

Here are the children of John Walsh and Kate Lundy that i found in Item 12

-Michael Walsh. Baptism Oct 1893 in Aclare, Sligo, Ireland (Sponsors: Michael Lundy & Mary Kildune).
-Maggie Walsh. Baptism on 29 Oct 1895 in Aclare, Sligo, Ireland (Sponsors: Maurice Lundy & Margaret Durcan).
-Michael Martin Walsh. Baptism Oct 1897 in Aclare, Sligo, Ireland (Jas Walsh and Mary Lundy).
-Henry Joseph Walsh. Baptism Dec 1899 in Aclare, Sligo, Ireland (Sponsors: Pat Lundy, Ellen Lundy).

Let me see what i find in the other items for the 1880s and early 1890s.

I have items 7 and 8 transcribed... i wouldn't be surprised if you find kate lundy here somewhere
http://www.uvawahoo.net/genealogy/Ireland/1279231Item8.htm

John might be too old as the baptisms were not recorded until 1845.. but you should be able to order their marriage record.

Karen

Posted: 18 Mar 2011 12:59AM GMT
Surnames: Lundy, Walsh
The film that you want is 1279321

Given the ages of their children, they will cross multiple items.

Here are the children of John Walsh and Kate Lundy that i found in Item 12

-Michael Walsh. Baptism Oct 1893 in Aclare, Sligo, Ireland (Sponsors: Michael Lundy & Mary Kildune).
-Maggie Walsh. Baptism on 29 Oct 1895 in Aclare, Sligo, Ireland (Sponsors: Maurice Lundy & Margaret Durcan).
-Michael Martin Walsh. Baptism Oct 1897 in Aclare, Sligo, Ireland (Jas Walsh and Mary Lundy).
-Henry Joseph Walsh. Baptism Dec 1899 in Aclare, Sligo, Ireland (Sponsors: Pat Lundy, Ellen Lundy).

Let me see what i find in the other items for the 1880s and early 1890s.

I have items 7 and 8 transcribed... i wouldn't be surprised if you find kate lundy here somewhere
http://www.uvawahoo.net/genealogy/Ireland/1279231Item8.htm

John might be too old as the baptisms were not recorded until 1845.. but you should be able to order their marriage record.

Karen

Posted: 18 Mar 2011 4:07PM GMT
Awesome! Thanks so much. I look forward to seeing what you find in the other items.

Your link is one that I have looked at before. Your transcriptions gave me some hope that I would be able to find my family in the microfilm. I will order the FHL today.

Michelle

Posted: 19 Mar 2011 3:17PM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2011 5:22PM GMT
Surnames: Walsh, Lundy
I had a typo in the previous message..the film is 1279231

I think the rest of the children are in Item 10... which i don't have right now. I don't know the next time i will be at my local LDS library.

And there is one more child in Item 12
Kate Anne Dec 7, 1904.. And i think the sponsors are Martin Lundy and Bridget Lundy (a bit difficult to read because the record is on the lower right of the page)

I would guess that kate lundy is the child of Denis Lundy and Bridget Leheny (but that is just an educated guess)

Posted: 20 Mar 2011 8:18PM GMT
Thanks so much! I really appreciate your help. I've ordered the film for myself, so I will look at item 10.

I too believe that Kate is the daughter of Denis Lundy! Wow, another whole generation back...thanks to your transcriptions!

Again, I really appreciate your help.

Posted: 13 Apr 2011 10:57PM GMT
Surnames: Walsh
I'm sure you have received this film by now..But in case yo have not...

Mary Walsh. Baptism on 05 Sep 1883 in Aclare, Sligo, Ireland (Sponsors: Anthony Lundy & Bridget Kildure).
Bridget Walsh. Baptism on 03 Nov 1884 in Aclare, Sligo, Ireland (Sponsors: James Lundy & Kate Martin).
James Walsh. Baptism on 26 Jun 1884 in Aclare, Sligo, Ireland (Sponsors: Richard Leheny & Mary Kildunne).
Thomas Walsh. Baptism Jul 1888 in Aclare, Sligo, Ireland (Sponsors: Patrick Martin & Bridget Walsh).
Patrick Walsh. Baptism Jan 1890 in Aclare, Sligo, Ireland (Sponsors: Bernard Leheny & Mary Martin).

Posted: 14 Apr 2011 1:17PM GMT
Yes actually I have rec'd this film. But thanks for much for following up. I really appreciate it. Maybe someday the fact that you put them online will allow one of their descendants to find me!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions