Search for content in message boards

(James) Thomas POSEY - Susan DOTSON

(James) Thomas POSEY - Susan DOTSON

Jack D Cowell (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2006 1:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: POSEY, DOTSON
Would appreciate any info that you might have on the following:

These are my wifes 2nd Great Grandparents. Found them in the 1880 Census (Johnson Co.,AR) and the info matches family accounts.

(James) Thomas POSEY born ca. 1840 in TN. Parents unknown but listed as being from SC.

Susan DOTSON born ca. 1845 in AL. Parents names unknown but listed on census as being from AL.

Children:

James R POSEY - age 14 - born TN
William T POSEY - age 12 - born TN
John W POSEY - age 9 - born TN
Martha POSEY - age 4 - born MO
Isaac POSEY -age 2 - born AR

Also listed in the household:

George DOTSON - age 20 - born AL - Parents unknown but listed as from AL. This might be a relative of Susan DOTSON - probably a younger brother.

We can be reached at JC8974@aol.com.

Re: (James) Thomas POSEY - Susan DOTSON

Posted: 16 Sep 2007 12:50AM GMT
1880 census regarding Posey, Thomas - This is Thomas Jefferson Posey, son of Warren Monroe Posey. Thomas Jefferson married Susan Dodson - had James Robert Posey (my great gandfather) William T. Posey, John W. Posey, Martha Ida Posey, Isaac Benton Posey, Linda Posey. The George Dodson on the census is the brother of Susan Dodson. Thomas is not James Thomas as you indicated but Thomas Jefferson. Hope this clears up the confusion.

Posted: 10 Oct 2007 2:59PM GMT
Hi, I am supposed to be related to a Lydia Elizabeth Posey who married Henry Cooper in 1803. She was from Washington County, Ohio. Could she be a relative of yours? Thanks Mary

Posted: 11 Oct 2007 3:52AM GMT
Since I don't know what line she is from, I can't answer that question. But since all the DNA results so far of the Posey males who have been tested match each other, then I would think that she is related to me. So far all the Posey's are related to each other and trace their lines back to Francis Posey the immigrant.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions