Search for content in message boards

Captain William Young

Captain William Young

Connie Hassan (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2000 10:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Feb 2009 12:33AM GMT
Surnames: Young, Davies
I am looking for descendants of Captain William Young.
He was the Captain of the Brig Tranmore and he settled in the Hokianga New Zealand in the early 1800s. He arrived in New Zealand from NSW Ausralia with his wife whose maiden name was Davies, and two brother in laws. He died in the far north in 1867

Re: Captain William Young

LB (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2006 10:38PM GMT
Edited: 25 Feb 2009 12:34AM GMT
hi, I just came across your message dated 11th Jan 2000 and wondered if you have moved on since then.

perhaps you now know Capt Young and his family were passengers on board the Tranmore - they arrived at the Hokianga in 1831 and his wifes name was Elizabeth Davis

Posted: 25 Feb 2009 12:19AM GMT
Edited: 25 Feb 2009 12:35AM GMT
Surnames: Young
Kia ora Cuz???? Im a decendant of William Young. Although Elizabeth Davis was not my great great great great great great grandmother. From my understanding Captain Young also had another wife: Obviously he had to have another wife because Im here! Im yet to clarify whether she was Chief Pomares' sister or daughter.

Anyway Captain William Young of the brig Tranmore lived in Koutou in the Hokianga. Apparently theres a whole heap of descendants up in the Hokianga and you may find them in Rawene, or more specifically in and or around the Motukaraka area. If you were to cross over via the ferry in Rawene you can see a church tha place is called Motukaraka.

William Young and his other wife- (my greatx4 nana) had a son and he was named Wiremu Hunia, which means William junior. Then William {junior} got married and he had a son who he called Tatana Hunia, Tatana married and then he had a son whom he called Hare(means Charlie), Hare's fathers first name "Tatana" became Hare's last name, then Hare Tatana got married and he had a son whom I called Granddad and his name was Ratahi Tatana. If you would like any more info you may phone me T.v Tatana 02102565866.

Goodluck and all blessings for your journey

Posted: 25 Feb 2009 10:02AM GMT
Hi Cuz
Yes most defintely. Your Grandfather Ratahi and my grandmother Makena were brother and sister, Look I must be meeting with you now especialy with Aunty Hine so unwell. I will be at Manukau tomorrow
Arohanui
Connie

Posted: 27 Feb 2010 1:21AM GMT
Edited: 27 Feb 2010 1:53AM GMT
Surnames: Young, Davis
he is my 3X great grandfather.born in 1791 dundee scotland.died1867 auckland. married elizabeth davis in nsw australia and came to new zealand as capt of the boat.elizabeth born 1807australia , died 1890 auckland. brother charles oliver bond born 1817 sydney australia.and edward 1819 sydney.more info available

Posted: 22 Nov 2011 4:00AM GMT
Surnames: Tatana
Kia Ora Cuzzie!!! Just read your thread, my grandad was Dave Hohepa TATANA and his brother was my Uncle Lyson, we used to stay with Uncle Lyson and Aunty Amy up "Home" when I was only young and they had a nice big farm, I remember Merv, Hummer, Dianne and Hine, we used to visit at Christmas time, hey my e-mail addy is sirdave57@yahoo.co.nz and mob 02102427058, take care cuz, need to hook up and meet sometime soon???

Regards Dave Tatana
per page

Find a board about a specific topic