Search for content in message boards

New Jersey State Hospital and Cemetery

New Jersey State Hospital and Cemetery

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 2:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
According to the 1930 census my great grandfather was a patient at New Jersey State Hospital in Trenton. He was not listed anywhere in the 1940's census. I'm assuming he died at this hospital. I'm looking for ideas about how to go about finding out his date of death and where he may have been buried.
Any information wold be greatly appreciated.

Re: New Jersey State Hospital and Cemetery

Posted: 28 Aug 2012 2:39AM GMT
If you send me his name I can look for his obit in the Trenton papers for that time frame , If his body was claimed by family he could be buried any where . There are also some spots in Trenton that were used for paupers, unclaimed bodies etc . People also donated burial space in their family plots if there was room back in the days of nice foks . If I am not mistaken there is a burial yard in Skillman NJ for State hospital patients but I have never seen a transcription . The records are over 70 yo so they might possibly be available at the County Surrogates office or the NJ State archives .
If you want to email me his name and any other info you know wife name mother or father to distinguish his obit from others if there is one my email is cuffsnstuff364@yahoo.com or or can reply here

Posted: 2 Sep 2012 7:24PM GMT
Thanks so much for your offer. I've since learned he was buried in Hudson County.

Posted: 2 Sep 2012 7:24PM GMT
Thanks so much for your offer. I've since learned he was buried in Hudson County.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic