Search for content in message boards

William B. Berry

William B. Berry

Posted: 6 Apr 2012 10:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Trying to locate death date and cemetary of William B. Berry (Alva), was married to Sinthey Welch. Most of the trees say 1869, but my cousin said she found him at his daughters in the 1900 Census.

When I checked that, it said William G. Berry,not William B, but same birth date, and Alva did have a daughter names Mary.

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with Ira Berry or any of the Berry family of Hamilton Texas, if this info can't be verified? I say it is not the same Berry, my cousin insist it is, but I am new at this.

If he died in 1869, and Sinthey died in 1870, their kids must have been raised by aunts or sisters..

.Anyway, any info on William B. (Alva) Berry, his death date (that can be verified) and his cemetary for him and Sintha would be so appreciated. I have been looking for over a year!!

He is my great great grandfather. born Mississippi abt 1828.

Thannks in Advance

Re: William B. Berry

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 5:46AM GMT

What were his children's names and birthdates? It will help to locate him in census records, if you haven't already.

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 9:38PM GMT
Surnames: Berry, Roberts, Welch,
Name probably is William "G" Berry, altho I have found "B" as middle inital. I also found an Alva Berry which I was told he liked to go by. Married Sintha (Antha,cintha,cynthia) Jane Welch Roberts (1831 1870) on Nov. 8, 1854
Children are his stepson who took his last name, Benjamin Roberts Berry, 1852-1869, Kate Berry (?) Twins Martha ann 1856-1897 and Mary Ann 1856-1920, Elizabeth Jane 1857-1923, Melinda Francis, 1858 - (?) William C. Berry 1865-1923 , and my great grandmother Henrietta Berry 1870-1958. We believe Sintha died the same year, and William later lived with his daughter Mary Ann in 1900's. That is all I know about these peole. I have no idea who their parents are, or siblings...Thanks

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 12:34AM GMT
Middle initials are very unreliable in my experience - if the other details fit (such as his and his parents' places of birth, and names of other family members), I would not reject just based on the middle initial.

For cemetery information, have you tried searching on Find A Grave for the county or counties you think are most likely? If you know where close relatives are buried, I would look there first, as families tended to use the same cemeteries, especially if the deaths were relatively close in time. And if you are very, very lucky, you may find photos of gravestones with inscriptions like "wife of," or "son of," or similar information.

Good luck with the search.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions